Which MBA should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by fordprefect, Mar 4, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm a college student with a few extra bucks. I recently upgraded to a MBP 15 with leather interior and heated seats, but it's huge and I don't want to be carrying a $2500 machine around with me.
    I carry my apple everywhere and need it to be portable.
    I use multiple browsers, word (like it's my job), excel, dreamweaver, photoshop. and vmware with win7 (not all the time but I want the option).
    I'd like some feelings from people who know better than I on what decision to make. I normally just go for the top of the line, but I could stand to save a few bucks if possible.
    I know I'll need 4gig on ram on an air. No music is kept on my apples and battery life is important.

2. macrumors 65816

torbjoern

You should really go with 4 GB of RAM - this is a no-brainer, actually.

Battery life is important? Get the 13-inch. As for processor, 1.86 GHz should be fine, but I'm not sure if you can have the extra RAM as an option then.

If you don't keep a lot of music and other media files, 128 GB SSD should suffice, but you might still want to consider the 256 GB.

3. macrumors newbie

Dont get this MBA wait for the next one this one is 4 months old and in about 4-6 months a new one will come out

4. macrumors 65816

torbjoern

But after that, there will be a total redesign - better wait till late 2012.

5. macrumors regular

iNotion

Better wait for 'forever'. LOL!

6. macrumors 65816

torbjoern

It took 3 years from the first Air was released until I bought one.