Which Mouse do you use on you apple laptop?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cwedl, Dec 9, 2003.

1. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I use a Kensington Pro mouse, with a retractable USB lead. I may consider changing.

2. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

3. JulesK macrumors 6502

Kensignton Studio Mouse (wired)

Small enough to be portable, but the "touch" scroll wheel isn't so hot (which may be why this thing has dropped like 40% in price since last year) and I'd love to find a small, bluetooth mouse with an on/off switch.

4. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

I used a Logitech MX500 with my tibook for over a year(great mouse).

Currently debating getting a bluetooth mouse to go with my new albook. And though i use the apple pro mouse at work. I desire to have a right click and scroll wheel for my portable, so apple mouse is out.

5. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

I use the PB's trackpad, as well as a Logitech MX900 Bluetooth mouse.

Logitech doesn't support OSX, so the extended buttons on the bluetooth mouse don't work. I would love to attach them to exposé or zoom in/out. On windows, I guess they are the browser back+forward button....

(PS: I also use Logitech's bluetooth keyboard)

6. billyboy macrumors 65816

billyboy

Gyration gyro

I use an optical cordless that is a great accessory to a PB. Rock solid feel, pinpoint steady, goes all day without a recharge, and has the useful twist of working in the air like a remote. Its not a gimmick and very easy to use and ideal for controlling dvds from the couch.

7. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

Microsoft Intellimouse for Bluetooth.

That was my only option:

Logitech still isn't selling the MX900 in Canada

Apple still isn't selling a bluetooth mouse with buttons I can map expose too.

mainstreetmark

Are you sure you can't map the front back buttons to expose? The MS mouse doesn't have a driver, but expose (and only expose) still recognizes the forward/back buttons so I can map them.

If you haven't tried, go to the expose prefs pane and see if it recognizes 5 buttons. From what I've read it does for the 900.

8. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
  9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    kensington studio pro, its full sized and got a long cord, but it feels great in the hand and the drivers allow for great functionality

10. madru macrumors member

Apple bluetooth mouse. It's great, as it's slim enough to be transported with my pb. When I come home, I use it with my powermac. Works for me.

11. neut macrumors 68000

neut

Logitech mx500

love it. **** BT...i hate batteries!

peace.

12. sparky76 macrumors regular

Logitech cordless optical, with 4th button mapped to expose F9. Would love bluetooth equivalent (no USB plug-in box). Anyone any suggestions?

13. electric macrumors regular

Macally iopti jr

got cause it was cheap and small but not too small.

first two button mouse I used for a mac and now cannot go back to a single button.

14. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i use my sony playstation 2 mouse... i have the scroll wheel button set for expose... its small and does the trick, i cant stand the trackpad really, but not because if apple, i just dont like trackpads... but i LOVE POWERBOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. legion macrumors 6502a

Logitech MX900

16. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I use a MX700 but it seems i am missing the party and i could use a MX900 without the extra drivers, is this possible and what buttons DO work?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if somebody can give me some info.

17. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

18. JulesK macrumors 6502

MX 900

CrackedButter - Do a search in the Forums on on Bluetooth Mouse, and you'll pick up a long thread that discusses the MX900. Seems that it works basically, but that the extra buttons do not work (although they may work in Expose, but since I'm still using 10.2.8, not really sure what that means). Unfortunately, the Logitech mouse driver does not work, I guess because the connection is through BlueTooth and not USB.

19. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    Kensignton Studio Mouse (wired) also.

Like it, no problems with the scroll pad, but I don't break out a mouse as much as I used to. Prolly b/c I sit at a couch most of the time these days and compute instead of a desk.

20. raiderz182 macrumors regular

i have an mx300 , i use it for EVERYTHING, including gaming on my PC. but its funny though i feel more comfortable using the trackpad on my powerbook

21. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

i bought my powerbook with the kensington pro w/ retractable cord. wound up using the ergonomic apple pro optical instead. i've been using a M$ intellimouse at work though - and am finding it to be just as good in some cases.

22. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-cwedl

Kensington PocketMouse Pro with the retractable USB wire - like yours.

Prefer to keep my battery-worry count down to a minimum.

23. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I use the mouse that comes with the Wacom Graphire2 tablet. Works really well on my Mac but is not very good on the PC!

I would love to get the Apple Bluetooth mouse but £55 is a lot of money for a single-button mouse!

BTW, would the Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard work with closed lid mode?

24. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I use the trackpad, I don't like mice very much, I used to have a Kensington trackball which was cool, but it got nicked from my desk:mad:

I might get one of those ergomomic trackball they are doing at the mo, especially for the studio ProTools systems.

Trackpad does it for me though.

25. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Logitech MX900. It rocks. Maps to expose perfectly for me, and I love not having to plug something into my powerbook whenever I want to use the mouse.