Which movie editing is best for MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yukinara, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Yukinara macrumors member

recently,I use iMovie HD,but I want a software that have better effect. I heard Final Cut pro is good,but I wonder if it can run smoothly on MacBook
    btw:I have a C2D 2GHz with 1GB RAM

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

What type of editing do you do? You could also get final cut express if you need somthing more than iMovie. and it will run on your macbook.

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I would agree, Final Cut Express (HD v3.5) will do very nicely. The Mac Book is probably a bit under powered for Final Cut Pro.

FJ

4. Yukinara thread starter macrumors member

well,I'm not pro designer,I just want to spam effect on my videos :D
    Final cut pro is good,but are there any other choices?

5. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

I'd recommend Final Cut Express. Works great for me on a macbook (even without extra screen)

6. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

iMovie < Final Cut Express < Final Cut Pro

Those are the best three choices that cover all three categories (basic, advanced, professional).

iMovie comes on your computer and can do basic effects and stuff, you can squeeze quite a bit out of it if you learn to work the program well. After that you can move on to Final Cut Express, which is a steal at $299.

7. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

8. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I believe Final Cut Pro itself will still run, just not the other parts of Studio that need the graphics card (like Motion).

9. MetalFace macrumors member

MetalFace

final cut pro runs a dream on the macbook especialy if you have a good ammount of ram to boost it up a bit! even rendering isnt as slow as you would think! of course its not as good as a macbook pro or a imac but thats expected! but from amatuer to indie film maker editing needs apart from motion its all there altho the screen is a bit samll :p

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

bless...

Please could you tell my macbook to stop running final cut pro then as it seems to be not listening.