Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac41099

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
I'm looking for a case to protect the screen of the nano as well as the black shell of the unit. Here is what I'm considering. What are your opinions on each?

Agent 18 - I heard it is frosted. No belt clip, which I would like to wear during workouts and yard work.

iSee by Contour - looks good on their website. Has a belt clip. Heard the plastic might not be that hard/thick and crack easy.

iSkin - rubber suit, not a hard shell. Can put the shield on top of the screen for protection with the outer shell on it. Has a belt clip. Colors are weird though and takes away from the cool black look on the nano.

Thanks

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
I just got my nano and got an iSee with it. I'm happy with it so far. It doesn't add much bulk to the unit and offers almost complete protection.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Case.gif
:rolleyes:

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
Lol, the picture of that case just very nearly made me fire the warm tea I was about to swallow over my iBook!

I actually have a nano-sock! I was so happy with my iPod socks that I got my girlfriend to design and made a sock for me!

They're actually supprisingly simple, and it fits perfectly and doesn't gather any scratches! I would suggest you guys get the same done!! hehe :)

mac41099

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Hey, Munckee, so far do you feel that the iSee case will last a long time and not crack. In other words is it solid?

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
mac41099 said:
Hey, Munckee, so far do you feel that the iSee case will last a long time and not crack. In other words is it solid?

It seems pretty solid so far. I haven't dropped it or anything yet, but it doesn't appear that it would crack easily. I definitely don't worry about it cracking from flexing in my pocket or anything. The two halves might separate if you dropped it onto concrete, but better that then your ipod cracking.

It seems pretty sturdy (it's about 1mm thick) and the two halves snap together surprisingly tightly. I wanted something that would protect as much of the unit as possible (esp. the screen). The iSee seems to fit the bill. For the price, I'd rather replace it once a year if it gets too scratched up (I've read elsewhere that they scratch easily, but mine is ok so far) than have my nano get beat up.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
Incase, neoprene sleeve protects the screen, has a belt clip and can operate fully through the case. See the Apple store for details.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
here's my ideal: an invisible shield + a removeable belt clip. Does the latter item exist for the nano (nothing else, just the clip, like the ipod mini used to ship with), and if so, would it fit over the invisible shield?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.