Which new system do you think will be better?

Discussion in 'Games' started by spyker3292, Jul 7, 2005.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Which new system do you think will be better? PS3, Nintendo Revolution, or the Xbox 360? Why?

I think the Revolution because of free Wi-Fi gameplay, online Super Smash, and cool look.

2. Rovias macrumors member

Revolution, because:

- Free Wi-Fi play out of the box
    - Most likely to be the least expensive
    - Classic Nintendo franchises
    - Brand new IPs
    - Backwards compatibility with Gamecube
    - Sleek, space-saving design
    - Downloadble NES, SNES, and N64 games

And as usual, Revolution will finish last, since all of the clueless Sony fanboys will waste their money on the PS3. I figure XBox 360 will probably be second best.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I want my online Smash Bros. and game downloads. No need to hunt on Ebay or buy old hardware.

Nintendo also fits my wallet, even on launch...

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I think that the Xbox 360 will be the better system. As long as it has Halo III it gets my vote and $$$. Although I will probably end up buying both systems.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You played Halo 2, right?

6. RooX macrumors newbie

not to mention there are going to be 3 systems.. not 2.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Of course. I have Halo 1 & 2- love them both, great games.

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I think he meant he is going to buy both the XBox 360 and the new nintendo revolution.

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yes there will be 3 systems (all gonna be great) but I will probably only buy 2 of them (only so much time to play games ie- work, college, church, etc...)

10. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

thank you, thats what I meant.

11. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Halo 2 gave me about 8 hours of entertainment before I returned it. That was playing with my roomates too...

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Really...Well, my Aunt (in her 30s and a die hard gamer) probably feels that way as well. Halo 2 is good but I still like Halo 1 the best.

13. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

I'll just wait a while to see which platform has the games I want. I bought my GC on Feb 2003, when Metroid Prime came out, and thought about getting a PS2 before that... but Nintendo usually comes out with the best exclusive games (specially first-party ones)
    Even though there are only few details out there, my vote right now goes to the Revolution - even if I use it only to play old SNES games. :D

Too bad Nintendo lost Sillicon Knights over to the Microsoft camp... I was still waiting for Too Human to show up on the Gamecube when I heard the news. That looks to be an awesome game, so there might be a little Xbox in my future as well.

14. iowacity macrumors newbie

Revolution, because it's Nintendo. And for the reasons that others listed above.

15. risc macrumors 68030

risc

It's about games for me and I must have Devil May Cry 4, Tekken 6, and any new God of War game so it's a Sony PS3 for me.

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hardware wise, PS3.

But most fun, Revolution.

-Backwards compatability with GameCube games
    -Every NES, SNES, and N64 game downloadable
    -Free downloadable game demos
    -Free online play (suck it, Microsoft!)
    -Compact size, great for LAN parties
    -WiFi built in. PS3 has it too, XBox 360 doesn't.
    -Online Super Smash Bros. 'nuff said.
    -Metroid Prime 3. I'm sold.
    -Classic franchises and new IPs.
    -New "revolutionary" controller.
    -Built in 512 MB of Flash storage.

PS3 is my second choice.

-Full backwards compatability with all PS2 and PS1 games
    -7 wireless controllers; PSP can be used as one, and I'm assuming one can be hooked up with USB otherwise.
    -Built in WiFi
    -Possibly the ability to boot Linux, which is preinstalled on the hard drive, according to Sony, turning the PS3 into a full desktop PC with six USB ports, a Blu-ray drive, WiFi, Bluetooth, a processor that is great for multimedia, and a powerful graphics card.
    -Ability to use multiple screens (two TV's)
    -1080p (X360 maxes out at 720p and 1080i)
    -Blu-ray disks hold 12 times as much as dual layer DVD's; the latest Blu-ray disks are quad layer at 100 GB.
    -The ability to rip DVD's to the hard drive (Sony is using a DRM to prevent piracy and have stated you can do this)
    - *POSSIBLY* free online play (PS2 was free), we'll see.

This is not as a fanboy but as an observer. I've spoken to several neutral friends of mine and even XBox fans. The XBox 360 is shaping to be the worst console.

Reasons why:

-The only one without built in WiFi (it's "wifi ready"- go buy a WiFi card and slap it on)
    -It's the only one without 'full' backwards compatability; it only plays the 'top-selling games'.
    -It's designed to play HD games (in fact, HD support is mandatory in ALL games), with HD textures and HD FMV, taking exponentially more space; yet only uses standard DVD's that fit no more than XBox disks.
    -You STILL have to pay to play online (that we know of, they are the only ones doing this).
    -It does not have one feature the PS3 does not have, but the PS3 has several the XBox 360 does not have.
    -The general rule is that the first to launch is almost always the least powerful.

I intend to buy a Revolution, followed by a PS3.

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nintendo didn't finish last during this console generation, nor the last.

During the N64 generation, the Sega Saturn finished last.

During this last generation, the Sega Dreamcast was last, followed by the XBox (both Nintendo and Microsoft had a 15% marketshare, a tie. However, Microsoft took a $5 billion loss, while Nintendo actually made greater profits than Sony did, so Nintendo wins the tiebreaker).

Sony beat Nintendo who beat Microsoft monetarily while tying marketshare-wise, all of whom crushed Sega.

18. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

My $$$ is going to xbox again because i just can't live without some of the upcomming games.

19. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow not many PS3 likers. Well of corse because Xbox+Nintendo are the BEST :D

20. angelneo macrumors 68000

I will be the first then. I would buy a PS3 only, I'm not a big gamer but am a huge final fantasy fan. Since it can played ff7 - 12, I am going to get me one of those. I don't really play much game though.

21. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

That a good reason

22. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Well to put it this way, most of my friends will buy (first) the system that has the best online play along with what looks better. Most of my game play is online so that will make or break it for me.

23. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

In a way I'm hoping that the power of the 3 consoles turn out to be fairly equal (and well, they probably will be when it comes to the very first games), and that the big difference will be extra features (like wi-fi) and games.

Personally I'll get whatever console have the games I want to play. Price will also be a factor... The PS3's use of BluRay might make it tempting to buy one if there's movies for it at the time of release. DVI support could be important. Hope there will be some changes there. I don't have a HDTV and I'm not planning to buy one, so being able to connect the console to my LCD whould be a big plus..

24. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Each one has an advantage the others don't.

Xbox 360: Established online gaming system
    Playstation 3: Existing market share
    Nintendo Revolution: Huge library of older games to draw from

I think it'll be a pretty close race this time, with no clear winner at first, but eventually the PS3 will come out on top due to market share (and more people knowing about it). Imagine that, a forecast for the PS3 to end up the winner, from a devout Nintendo fan!

25. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Actually, in this case the Revolution will have an established online system. GameSpy.

Yes, GameSpy Arcade sucks (the application) but their server browsers built into games always work excellently.