Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

checor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
I just got the iPad last week, and have been loading up apps for college. For most of my classwork, Noterize or Notes+ have worked out quite well. However, for some others, and general productivity purposes, I need something similar to Microsoft Word. Specifically, I want to use bullets
• Kind
o Of​
 Like​
• This​
where it staggers automatically. Now, I can tab in Noterize, but that's not really efficient, and I can put like maybe 20 sentences on a page of Noterize.

I've pretty much disregarded Pages, since it seems from users here that it's subpar compared to Docs2Go, Office2, or QuickOffice. Are any of these documents adequate for at least that kind of formatting? I don't need fancy fonts, I don't need adding headers and footers. Spacing would be nice (single, double, etc), but not absolutely necessary, since if anything, I could just use my laptop when I got home. My main concern are certain types of notes where I need things bulleted.

Or should I just get a virtual pc software, or a remote control software where I can access my own computer, and run my Word and other programs on there? Is it really laggy?

Please help! Any other advice in general regarding iPads in college, specifically for Biology classes, are greatly appreciated!

wgary

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Pages works well for me doing exactly what you describe. Use iDraw or such to do quick sketches and paste them in if needed. I personally have come to like Pages, but it wasn't immediate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.