Which one do think is better?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Pixeled_Apple, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Pixeled_Apple macrumors member

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

IMHO

I like how your's has a slight gradient on the top reflection.But on his I don't like the outline.

But overall I think I like his a lil better. Just get rid of the black outline (like you did on yours) and make the reflection fade into the ball maybe. It seems like it was placed there and doesn't really go with it as much as it could.

That's just my opinion on how these "gel" button/spheres should look, other's may have different views on them :)

I actually think his is more "glassier" actually.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i think the second one has a better polish and finish to it, but thats just my opinion

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

If you wanted to make it fair you should have put both orbs up without telling us who designed each one!

As it is, I'm going to have to say the second orb - even though the border is a little too thick. Sorry! :)

5. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Your one has slightly more realistic lighting with equally realisitic shadows. But the definition on his one makes it stand out more, so it's more pleasing to my eye.

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

The second one is more polished, I would go with it.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Everyone will vote the 2nd one because the picture just looks better. It's just a more appealing picture, that's all. His looks more HQ.

How about using the same colour scheme?

8. Pixeled_Apple thread starter macrumors member

9. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Very nice indeed, and like the glow touch to it. Make the shadow smaller since the orb is glowing so it make little to no sense bring there. :)

diffuse the glow and make it bigger it look to confined. Other than that its a good second try. :)

And this one look better than your friends. :)

10. Pixeled_Apple thread starter macrumors member

11. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I think the shadow could be a bit smaller to give it more elegance, but that may be more of a personal opinion. All aside, much better than your first one and, IMO, now beats your friends. It looks pretty realistic now.

You should try to do a "pill" shape now. Sorta like the buttons on OS X. They have the same style as this sphere, just more narrow and "pill" shaped.

And oh yeah, try seeing how it looks w/o the glow. See if it does it any good. Might be fine the way it is but just give a shot :)

[EDIT] Actually you can use Flash or do an animated GIF to make the sphere appear to glow dark and light, I did it once by making the circle with a radial gradient. In Flash the first part had the inner color smaller, then next part had the samething only the inner color got bigger and I made the opacity increase to make it blend better, thus giving it a glowing effect.

12. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

You're second effort is much improved so I'm changing my vote, yours it is! :)

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

your second and third one are much improved over the first, i like your glowing hue.....id say yours looks better now, although it does depend on the context in which the sphere will be used, but stand alone your wins