Which one is my receipt?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mfacey, Apr 26, 2005.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2004
    Just received my brand new powerbook today!

I'm a little confused though. The package came with a Delivery Note from Apple. But that's not my receipt right?

Where's my receipt? Is it what I received from apple by email?

Or should there have been another receipt in the package?
  2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Jan 7, 2003
    Washington, DC
    The invoice is usually emailed, with the product info, including options, and the price. Keep that. The other is just a packaging slip.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I always keep both items just to be safe. Although yes, the receipt is sent via E.Mail.
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    save the email and print it out, thats what i always do, and put it in a safe place too, if you keep the box put it in there that way you wont lose it hopefully
  5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    When I processed the rebate on my free printer with my iBook, they accepted a print of the e-mail for that. I even called them and asked them, and that's what they told me to do. I guess too, though, that its in their online system now, so you (erm, the OP, not PlaceofDis) can print a new one out if you need to.

If you can, make a scan of it too, and put the scan in a password protected online storage thing, if you have one (like a private photos folder), so that its available to you there if ever you need it.

And hope you love your new PB!