which one is the main FONTS folder ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aliatm, May 19, 2006.

1. aliatm macrumors newbie

Hi

Some how I replaced some of my fonts, and right now, when I'm using my Safari browser, I got some weird fonts on screen, but it looks fine in Firefox.

I don't know what happened? I wanted to replace the fonts from my other Mac, but I can not find the main fonts folder.

Could you help me.:(

THX.

2. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Library/Fonts?

::20ROGERSC::

EDIT: Soz can't check at the moment!

3. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Your system wide fonts (accessible by all users on the machine) is located in
    Your user fonts (accessible only by said user who's said home directory it is in) is located in
    Though unless you installed the fonts manually yourself into the user font folder, then they will most likely be located in the system wide font folder.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

There's also /System/Library/Fonts.

Fonts are divided up into different folders so that Mac OS X can keep its own collection of fonts (/System/Library/Fonts), you can install additional fonts for all users (/Library/Fonts), and any user can have personal fonts as well (/Users/username/Library/Fonts)

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Here is Apple's own list of which fonts that should be present at the many different font locations (under Tiger): Mac OS X 10.4: Fonts list