Which one should i get

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spikeyello, Dec 28, 2006.

1. spikeyello macrumors newbie

I don't know which mac i should get a MBP 15" or a iMac 20" This will be my first apple computer that i but and leaving PC's

They both seem to have the same specs but the iMac is $500 less than the MBP I don't care much about the price difference and I probably might buy a display for the MBP and use it while its closed and use it more like that. so i don't know which one i should buy so thats why i need help, and which one might have less problems as i heard that that there are some problems with the MBP.

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

do you need portability at all? if yes, go with MBP if not, go with iMac.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it sounds like portability isn't an issue for you, so i would go with the imac.

4. spikeyello thread starter macrumors newbie

for portability i just might use it when we go on vacations or when we go some where thats far or i just will take it down stairs

5. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

get an imac. according to some posts on here, we've been having display problems with the mbp's and that's not going to be plesant. and the imac is pretty portable for a desktop, especally if you have a wireless keyboard and mouse, just plug it into an outlet...:D

6. spikeyello thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help but I decided to buy a ................. MBP its a amazing computer and i am really happy that i bought it. The screen is perfect and so is everything else except that when i insert a disk it makes a wierd noise but it doesn't really bother me that much

7. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I dunno about you, but when I am on vacation the last thing I want to be on is a computer...you should go with the iMac cause portability doesn't sound like the most important thing to you.

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

9. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

well the big difference, sans specifications, is the fact that the MBP is portable and the iMac is far from it. So if you need to take your work with you then MBP is your only choice.

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

the iMac isnt going to risk a lot of the prblems of portability and wat not...

apple makes a beautiful and durable computer, but b/c the are so thin its also much easier to run into problems...

11. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I transfer our work iMac G5 around in my car from school to school depending on where I need to set up a sound system. A lot of the meetings I do have to be recorded and I use the iMac to do it. Knock on wood there have been no problems recording thus far.