Which one would ya'll suggest.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Groovsonic, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Groovsonic macrumors regular

I really like my (first) mac, and I was thinking it would be fun to buy an old Mac, mabye start a collection of vintage macs. Any suggestions or advice?

2. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

If you're just collecting, and don't plan to actually turn them on, start with a Macintosh 128k or an Apple I. Otherwise go with an SE/30.

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Buy from me?

I have a bunch of old macs.

Mac Classic, I have 2 6116CDs, a few old monitors, a few old PowerMacs like 7300/90, and i have an Apple IIsi

4. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

it depends on how much you wanna spend. f money's not an issue, i'd say get a lisa I. they're reallly nice machines. occasionally you can find one on ebay, but in nice condition they usually go for about 6 or $7,000. :)

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

6. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I don't even want to think what an apple 1 would cost. there were only a few hundred or a few thousand ever made. I know one just sold for some obscene amount of money. even a 128k is pretty expensive, but a very nice collector piece. Personally, I'd love to have a Lisa, the first commercially sold machine with a GUI (that I know of anyway).

7. Groovsonic thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I was thinking I would probaly enjoy playing around with it. I have never really used anything but OSX, so I thought it might be fun to get like an old Classic or Color Classic, and get some old software and fool around. It would be like an old car or typewriter or something like that...It works and you can use it, but not for everyday, just for fun.

8. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Yeah

Thats what I have mine for. It had been in my dads office doing nothing for a few years so I took it home. I started it up and there were like a few games, wordprocessing, and even KidPix!

But I dont really use it anymore, so if you would like it, I would make a deal.