Which Otterbox is real - which is fake (if any)>

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sullez, Apr 7, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Hello macrumors - so last week I purchased a red otter box defender case from my local at&t store in red the packaging said iPhone 4 but it fit just fine on my iPhone 4s. I then decided I wanted a black case so I found one for 27 dollars on amazon which arrived today and it looks identical to my red case that I bought from amazon - the packaging says iPhone 4 - but does NOT read that it comes with a holster (a holster was included) unfortunately this case did not have a perfect fit on one of the corners.

I decided to take a trip to my local walmart to see if they had any otter box defenders in black - they had them with the 4s on the packaging but when I opened the box I noticed that the silicone was not as thick as the silicone that was used on both the case I got from AT&T and the case from AMAZON.

Was the silicone changed between the 4 and 4s otter box defender cases?

2. macrumors 6502

Some will say the fakes are garbage and the real ones are perfect. I ordered one recently direct and it was crap. The silicone didn't line up and visible injectiion points. If you like it, really that's all that matters. Personally I just throw the holsters away.

3. macrumors regular

I think so. I read in a posts in a forum a couple of weeks ago (no way I can find it now) that OtterBox did change the silicon between the two versions.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm just wondering why is the silicone thinner on the otter box defender 4s I got from walmart vs the silicone on the otter box defender 4's that I got from AT&T and Amazon.