Which Phone to Get?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iShane, May 14, 2006.

1. iShane macrumors 6502a

Hello. A while back I made a thread about the RAZR because I was almost sure that's what I wanted. But after thinking a little bit more I have my eye on four phones. The RAZR probably being my favorite, but I want some opinions first. Now I would be getting the 450 minute plan from Verizon(I text more than I talk anyway)and I was wondering what phone you would think would be best. Here are the phones that I'm considering.

-Motorola V325

-Motorola E815

-Motorola RAZR V3c

-LG The V

All that I'm basically looking for is personal experiences and recomendations. I'm just afraid that I'm going to get the wrong thing and then regret it.

Thanks in advance!

2. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

The V or the RAZR

3. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, I like them the best probably. But the V would be different for texting.

4. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

that's actually what phones I am thinking about getting now.

The E815 is essentially my current phone with V Cast and a few minor things. I think it's an overall OK phone, and it was missing some features I like (such as Vibe+ring, it only has vibe then ring, and the speed dial thing doesn't tell you which number you are about to call, might have been fixed but I doubt it), but is overall a reliable sturdy phone. One problem I have with it is because of the design, it is hard tot push the OK button, and dust and pollen collects easily in the lens, which you can only clean with a tooth pick. It looks like they fixed the keyboard design for the numbers, so I won't say anything about that.

BTW, from my experience, all moto phones have the same UI so don't expect it to be better than what I said.

5. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the input! Basically the only reason I liked the E815 is because of the buttons and the camera. I guess I've already narrowed it down to the V and the RAZR. I'm not likeing the outside texture of the V325 too much and I want a good phone so I'm thinking the E815 is out too, but the V325 is deffinately out.

6. CompUser Guest

I have the Razr and I am not that impressed with it. The battery is horrible and the phone is 5 months old. The OS of the phone is illogical and quirky. It freezes constantly too. Oh yea, no ring and vibrate at the same time.

Go with the E815, my mom has that phone, and it works much better.

7. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do you mean by it "freezes?" What do you have to do when it "freezes?"

8. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

9. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just might...I'll have to see what other users say.

10. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I agree completely, I WOULD NOT get the RAZR both me and my brother got it. Its freezes more than windows XP on a good day (ok bad joke). Not to mention it sometimes feels like ages before the button is pressed and the time after it is shown on the screen. My sister has the E815, which im wishing I would have gotten. I don't know about the V, some kid in my class has it and seems to like it.

11. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Buy that I bet he means

1. It takes forever for keys to be recognized after they are pushed.

2. Sometimes when I use my phone as a alarm it wont stop beeping after I turn it off. Making me turn off then on my phone.

Edit: Also it just takes a long time to load the full resolution pictures on the RAZR (like 2-3 seconds, which is unreasonable when you are browsing though your pixs)

12. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea. I'm thinking the V is winning at the moment...the only things that I don't like about it are that its a bar phone for talking and that its the most expensive one. Oh well.

PS: I liked that joke, mostly because its true. ;)

13. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

The V. If you text more, you'll use it much more.

14. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, that's what i was thinking. The only thing is is that sometimes I can talk for hours and the V looks a little uncomfortable for talking on...that's probably the only con with the V.

15. musicalmcs8706 macrumors regular

I'd go with the V. One of my friends got a RAZR and returned it the next day because she hated it. She got something different, but it was a million times better than the RAZR. I have an LG and mine is indestrutable. And mine doesn't just seem to be a rare thing.

16. daz087 macrumors newbie

I donno... I have the RAZR and the menus and all were slow - until I had Verizon upgrade the software version on it. Now it's quite fast and responsive. Personally, I like it because of the size - very thin and fits nicely in my pocket and easy and comfortable to talk on. That's my experience with it.

17. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys for your input. I'm really in a pinch here. RAZR for style and design or the V for good preformance...I was originally thinking the V but I don't want to have a huge bulge in my pocket.

18. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    My razr is fine..

Rings and vibrates at the same time

No "freezes"

I have no idea why people always hate on the GUI....it makes sense to me

battery life doesn't really bother me..

That being said,

I find it uncomfortable to hold, and I always feel like it's going to slip out of my hand like a bar of soap.

Oh and the camera is so bad, they shouldn't even have put it in there.

I have the V3

I love how it works so well with OS X though.

and it looks super sexy.

:D

19. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

So do you have the V3 or the V3c?

20. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I wrote right above, that I have the V3.

It's pretty good.

Kinda wished I would have gone for that Sony walkman phone now though..

I think it looks stupid as hell, but it can play music, works with OSX and supposedly has a great camera..

but it's orange...i hate orange....and I'm not a big Sony fan...but those features are nice.

21. danny_w macrumors 601

I just got a RAZR v3 (Cingular) and so far I like it. I still need to add my contacts into address book and try to sync with my Mac. Just learning it so far, but it works for me.

22. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, orange sucks. :p Anyways, I think they may have inproved the camera with the V3c...not positive about that.

23. iShane thread starter macrumors 6502a

From what I hear, Verizon disables their phones...oh well. Atleast they have great service. Anyways. I'm thinking I'm just going to go talk to a sales guy, but he'll probably just talk me into the V, since its more expensive. :eek:

24. daz087 macrumors newbie

Yeah, the Verizon RAZR isn't as easy to do things like add files (like ringtones, pictures, etc) from the computer and such. But my V3c syncs great with my Address Book contacts. As far as the above mentioned camera... I don't really use it since I have a digital camera. I just took a quick snapshot and it's nothing special, but I don't really expect too much from my phone in that area.