Which Photo editing software to use?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dscan99, Dec 20, 2004.

1. dscan99 macrumors regular

I'm looking for a Photo editing software that has basic editing features including compressing a Large 600K JPG to a smaller file..

Does iPhoto do this? I will reluctantly resort to iPhoto if nothing better is available (for free that is!) ;)

Thanks!!

2. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

Basic editing is a good description of iPhoto's editing capability. It will export and resize to several different formats. If resizing is all you need on a particular photo then Preview can also export and resize. Someone will probably name some freeware editing options for you. Have fun with it.

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Adobe Photoshop Deluxe is probably your best bet for a complicated task like that. In fact, just to be on the safe side you better buy the entire Adobe Creative Suite. Oh, and throw in Motion as well, you won't regret it. :p :cool:

Seriously, iPhoto can probably handle what you need, but you can always loko for free/shareware apps on places like versiontracker...

4. dscan99 thread starter macrumors regular

lol! Thanks for the insight!!! ;) iPhoto sounds like it should do what I need it to do... but I'm still mad at it for giving me heck while trying to burn a picture CD this weekend!

BTW Regina is not as fun as Saskatoon!! :p :)

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yah, iPhoto is a nice little app, but there are reasons why it's not an expensive app... you get what you pay for sometimes... ;)

Why, what does ToonTown rhyme with? :p Doesn't really matter, it's going to be bitterly cold in both places pretty soon.... :cool: