Which Pod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dpclark, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dpclark macrumors member

Have a mid sized (3GB to date) music collection - have a 1GB Shuffle for Training / Gym - have just sold my 4G 20GB ipod as I fancied a change with the new updates. - but which pod...... quite like the new mini colours - and 6GB would be more than enough room for me - and would look quite good in the car - but then theres the 30GB ipod photo for something like 50-60 pounds more - what do you guys suggest - ideas on a postcard pls :)

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I have a 40GB iPod Photo and a 6GB Blue iPod2GMini (just got rid of my Blue iPod1GMini). I love both. I have around 35GB's of music and pics so the photo is great. A few weeks ago it would have been hands down 'get the iPod Photo'. But now that the battery life on the iPod Mini is 18 hours and you can get 4GB or 6GB's then both are very appealing.
    You do not have very much music, so the 6GB would give you some room to grow. Do you have lots of pics on your computer? If so, and you would like to carry them around, or if you would like to have album art on your iPod then get the iPod Photo......if not, get the iPod Mini. Blue looks great!

3. yuck macrumors member

for your collection, the new 6Gb mini is the best choice, but for me personally, i would prefer 30gb photo or the 20gb....since i use the ipod for file storage too

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I really like my wife's 4GB mini, so I'm sure the 6GB is awesome. That being said, if you have any use at all for the photo capability, then it seems like a no-brainer to go for the 30GB Photo model.
    If I didn't have my 4G 20GB, I'd get the 60GB Photo. I've got almost 15GB of music and audiobooks, and I'd love to have my photo's on there, too, for when I visit Mom. She'd love seeing those images on her TV.
    To me, the perfect combo is the 512MB Shuffle and the 60GB Photo.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i wouldnt say photo unless you want to look at album art (who does?) and view photos on the go.

If i was you the new 6gb Mini will be fine. especially with the 18-26 hour battery life.

6. dpclark thread starter macrumors member

Thanx Guys

Have gone for the 6GB Mini - Now the waiting begins :D

7. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

What color did you get? A friend of mine got a new blue colored mini i must say it looks awsome but all the colors look great.

8. dpclark thread starter macrumors member

Gone for the blue - now all I need is to sort out the car accessorys - thinking itrip mini, vent mount and powerpod. any better ideas guys? icelink will not work with my head unit btw.

9. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

10. hi-jacker macrumors newbie

1st Gen ipod mini

how long does the battery in the 1st Gen ipod mini last? mine dies in like 5-6 hours.

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

The itrip for the normal Ipod works great, much better then i thought. if you get the itrip i would suggest a powercord for the car, the itrip sucks the battery out of your ipod like that!

12. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

its supposed to last 8 hours

13. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

I do. I think the album art playing is a great addition.

14. dpclark thread starter macrumors member

have gone for the itrip / powerpod option - only one thing remains - where can i get a good mount for the mini? needs to be a uk company or a US one that delivered internationally. do you guys know of anywhere?