Which podcasts have I listened to?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by zali0n, Feb 22, 2007.

1. zali0n macrumors regular

Hey all, I've got bit of a question. I have a 4G B&W iPod with quite a few podcasts on them. However alot of them are similiar and for the life of me i can't remeber which ones i've listened to and which ones I haven't!

I know iTunes will sync my podcasts based on how many i've listened too but I was thinking more as when i'm "on the go". As i've seen on the new iPod's they have a little blue circle next to them which shows they are unplayed.

Is there a work around for 4G iPods?

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I use iTunes to sync my 4th Gen iPod with only the podcasts that I haven't played.

Then I just try to remember the podacsts that I've already listened to in between syncs.

:)

3. net26 macrumors member

make a smart playlist only containing podcasts with 0 playcount or unplayed ones... it's as easy as that :D

have fun

4. zali0n thread starter macrumors regular

Ah fantastic! I did try and look for an option like this. Do you know if this will update or the go or will i need to plug it into iTunes for it to up date?

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

If your iPod updates are up-to-date the Smart Playlist will auto update.

6. net26 macrumors member

the smart playlist only updates (on the ipod) when you plug it in... and it updates real-time in itunes if you listen to the podcast there... on-the-go all i can advise is you listen to the podcasts in the order you have them in the playlist or try to memorise the ones you have listened to.

n