Which PowerBook Has The Longest Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by LaMerVipere, May 28, 2004.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

I was wondering which PowerBook G4 has the longest battery life when it comes to real world use; the 12", 15" or 17"? Anyone who owns either of these and can chime in would be greatly appreciated! :)

Battery life is a big issue for me, and even the battery life on my iBook G4 isn't really what I would call "good". This bothers me considering most people on the boards are all "PowerBooks don't come anywhere near the iBooks in battery life!" err... :rolleyes:

–LMV

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Definetely the 12". Smaller screen, slower CPU...etc. It makes sense. Don't get me wrong though, the 12" is a wonderful machine :) .

Best wishes,
    JOD8FY

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

my one year old 12" PB (867 MHz, 640 MB RAM) gets about 3.5 to 4 hours at max. at most ideal conditions. it used to get 4.5 hours easily under modest use.

and i believe 12" has the longest battery life among the powerbooks.

(remember that different machines come with different capacity batteries - it's not just a matter of power consumption...)

4. dopefiend macrumors 6502

From the Apple website, the 12inch iBook gets the longest battery life.

5. wide macrumors 6502a

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

just curious what you do think is "good" battery life? 'cause in my experience ibooks get way over 4 hours even on highest settings, and seems pretty good to me.

7. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

Hmm, how much shorter is the battery life on a 15" PowerBook as opposed to the 12"?