Which Program Can I Use To Create Home Made Videos ala Youtube?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Afro1989, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

Okay, this is a very beginner-type question. I was wondering what program is used to create simple movies such as this one. I have recorded myself playing Xbox 360 onto a DVD using a DVD recorder and I was wondering how I can use this video on my Mac and edit it and put it on the net. There has to be a simple solution to this but I've never dealt with movie editing before on computers. Thanks so much!

2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

3. Afro1989 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, but I have no idea where to start after opening iMovie HD. How can I import the DVD I created of me playing Xbox 360 into the program? Is there some type of tutorial or something because it looks like I can only import video from a camera. Thanks.

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

imovie will definitely work, I was able to upload video taken with my treo to youtube using imovie...if i could do it anyone can. :)

5. Afro1989 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just don't know how to import my DVD into iMovie. Is it supposed to be a certian format or something because when I import it nothing happens. Here is what my DVD looks like that I want to import. I'm really confused right now. :confused:

[​IMG]

6. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Oh great. Video_TS files.
    You shot this video with a camera that writes directly to a DVD, right?

7. kgarchar macrumors 6502

Use handbrake, right now there is no importing to iMovie from DVD, so handbrake would be your best bet. In my Media Arts class, my teacher was using the A/V inputs to another camera for the kids with DVD Camcorders, and the quality was terrible. I showed him handbrake and he has everyone with a DVD cam use it.

8. Quboid macrumors 6502

how do i get my finder window to look like your's afro1989?:confused:

9. Afro1989 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I hooked my Xbox 360 up to my DVD Recorder and recorded gameplay. Then I put the DVD in my Mac and that's what I got.

10. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

For future refrence, set iMovie to record, and plug your Xbox straight into the computer. (via video out to Firewire cable or something like that)

11. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Then do what kgarchar said.

Download it.
    Rip the DVD.
    Then drag the video file into iMovie.