Which RAM do you recommend for my new MacBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Balli, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Balli macrumors 6502

I have recently purchased a new MacBook, and was looking to upgrade it's RAM to 2GB. Does anyone recommend a particular type of RAM?

Also, I live in the UK, so does anyone recommend a good place to buy? (Online or otherwise).

Apple are currently charging £350.

2. rob5 macrumors regular

Installed the Datamem 2GB matched pair yesterday - worked flawlessly in my black MB.

Edit: realized you're not in the US. Sorry. Not sure if they do international.

3. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

This might help you: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=202349

4. Ripmax2000 macrumors regular

5. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Not sure on their prices for MacBook RAM or if they ship outside the US, but I just got a 1GB stick from OWC for ~$100 earlier this week for my final revision powerbook. The same RAM was selling for ~$150 or more from other sites like Crucial.

I installed it 2 nights ago and it's working great - No problems...

6. Balli thread starter macrumors 6502

7. FragTek macrumors 6502

I'm currently used 2 x 1gb sticks of G.Skill memory in my MBP and it's completely awesome. It didn't give me a lick of trouble when I upgraded it and now my MBP is running speedy as ever and can multi-task with the best of 'em.

The G.Skill that I purchased was bought from Newegg at $81.99 / stick. Now I don't know if you can find this memory in the UK, and if you can the price will probably be a tad higher but if it's like here in the states, the G.Skill is the least expensive RAM you can buy for the MacBook (AFAIK).

Hope that helps a bit mate!