Which remote PPT presenters work with MacOS

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by gfroyle, Mar 8, 2004.

1. gfroyle macrumors member

Feb 8, 2004
    I am looking for a wireless "presentation remote" to work with my PB for my projected lectures (some Powerpoint, some PDF-based); it does not need to be fancy, but it must work with MacOS.

I have seen several advertised at widely varying prices, and most work via a USB dongle, with Bluetooth ones being too expensive. I hit upon the "Targus wireless remote presenter" as reasonably priced and seeming to have the functionality that I need. But does it work with MacOS (Panther)? Their documentation does not include MacOS, but maybe they just didn't try it? I emailed their (Australian) sales people and they don't know!

Has anyone tried it? Or can anyone recommend any others?

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    if your phone and pb have BT, then go with salling clicker. works liek a charm, with itunes, ppt, keynote..and you can control mouse too..
    cost 20 bucks..but it works like a bitch...u wd love it..
  3. merlini macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2004
    hi gordon,

i use the keyspan presentation remote and didn't have any problems that far...

hope, this helps.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Salling Clicker for Sony Ericsson phones is $10. I paid for it back in September or so, and I'd do it again if I had to. One of the best apps ever conceived/written. It more than deserves the awards it won. But if I were to use it mostly for presentations, I would go the Palm route, because of the preview and other enhanced functions. Though the phone works in a pinch ;)