Which RSS aggregator?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by majorp, Dec 28, 2006.

?

Which RSS aggregator

1. Newsfire

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Google Reader

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Vienna

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Safari

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. NetNewsWire (regular or lite)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. majorp macrumors 6502

I'm interested in which RSS aggregator everybody uses, if any! Iv'e recently changed to google reader but kind of like being able to read my news offline.

What do you use?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Gone through (at least) NetNewsWire (Lite), Safari, Vienna and Sage over the last couple of years and ended up with Google Reader. Suits me perfectly... :)

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I recently purchased NetNewsWire (an education discount is available if you qualify) and am pretty happy with it. I do wish that it included a built-in podcast player; I'm currently experimenting with using it to keep my podcast list synchronized between my laptop and desktop. I hated how both systems had an independent list in iTunes that I'd have to go through to find the ones I hadn't heard/watched yet. So far it seems to be working well, but they need to expand their iTunes integration to include videocasts.

All the syncing that I am doing is through the free year of NewsGator Online that they give you when you purchase the program. The .mac sync didn't seem to work quite right for me.

4. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

I also like Google Reader. I started using NetNewsWire Lite, but decided to give Google Reader a try when it got updated not too long ago. I've been very happy with it so far. I like not having to open a separate app to view my (relatively few) RSS feeds.

5. majorp thread starter macrumors 6502

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

when I was using it, i was using newsfox, an extension for firefox

7. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

I switch between newsfire, endo, and netnewswire. All 3 apps are awesome and worth looking into. Each have their own strengths.