Which San Diego stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by edtorious, Sep 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

edtorious

I live at North County and closest store to me is North County, Escondido. How is the line on this store usually? I'm looking for a less crowd and can line up early. I can go to either one in UTC, Carlsbad or Fashion Valley. What do you think?

2. macrumors demi-god

Ljohnson72

I can't comment on the Escondido or Carlsbad stores, but the lines at UTC are usually more manageable than compared to Fashion Valley (though they do get the most stock in SD).

3. macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm sure Fashion would be the most crowded, followed by UTC, then Carlsbad.

4. macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered an iphone 5 but at&t is shipping it to my parent's house 400 miles away and won't let me change the shipping address like the apple store. I'm thinking about canceling it and lining up at UTC since its right by my work. Can anyone comment on how crowded it gets and what would be a good time to get there? Ideally I would like to be able to get in and out before 9am to get to work

5. macrumors member

You might also consider the bigger corporate ATT, VZ, Sprint stores as San Diego as a couple big ATT and VZ ones, I assume Sprint but I don't know for sure as I've never had them..

I Know the Fashion Valley Apple Store is has always been insane the last couple of years.... One year I was playing that I'm not going to do it, then decided at noon on launch day I was going to, went to the ATT Corporate store in mission valley, in and out within 30 minutes. Went over and hung out with my friends in line at Fashion Valley who had been there since 8am..

So if you can team up with another person with a car, it might be smart to check out a couple at the time you are getting in line and compare numbers...

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

My preorder at apple.com won't deliver till Oct. 5 and my preorder at Best Buy was a bust. So either get in line at Verizon near me or at Apple - Escondido. Anyone else getting in line at Apple stores in San Diego?

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Well I decided to get in line at a Verizon store instead at Carmel Mountain area near me and I'm 5th in line. I'm hoping they have the one I want. 2 more hours to go!

8. macrumors 6502

vsighi

Rancho San Diego

I got mine from Apple store and was delivered just when I got home 1:50pm friday...sweet man:D