which shipping option?

Discussion in 'Community' started by chibianh, Nov 19, 2002.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I am amazed at the delivery times. I ordered from apple and requested the free delivery option on Saturday. The thing arrived TODAY! and all the way from Taiwan! and I almost even caved in a pay for the 2day delivery option! This is my second time ordering directly from apple and both have arrived within 3 days of shipping!

2. job macrumors 68040

job

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I know how u feel. I had to get a replacement battery for my first TiBook. When I called Apple they told me 3-5 days for delivery...

the thing showed up the very next morning! :eek:

bottom line...Apple may take forever to get new orders out on new hardware...but when they have their stuff in stock...they are quite nice! ;)

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha, I've ended up waiting a couple weeks before - that is if they don't loose the shipment (it was actually stolen).

That some good turn around time, I'd consider you very lucky.

D

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

so remind me how they took action on a stolen shipment?

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha, fedex and apple discussed it for a couple of weeks making sure it was truly stolen and then decided to build and ship me a replacement. It ended up being 6 weeks before I got my machine.

Not fun :mad:

D

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Your so lucky. My orders always come a week to a week and a
    half after I order them....

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My orders have arrived when promised, that is why Apple gets good results on customer surveys. Problems can occur r/t backorder items!

9. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Ahh the lovely MacMall said that my computer was 3 weeks from being in stock so I cancelled it and drove to OR to buy one retail. Then MacMall tells me that I can't cancel it now, cause it just shipped. The machine shows up two and half weeks later and I refuse the shipment since I now own one and I had cancelled this order. Well they charged me for the RAM, installation, shipping, and everything but the machine itself...a month later and still no resolution. aaaarrrrgh!