Which side of teh bed do you sleep on?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crazycat, Apr 3, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2005
    I just noticed something about me, depending on the room i sleep on different sides of the bed. I normally sleep facing the door or a bathroom, i cant sleep facing the other way round. I cant sleep if teh tv is off, i cant sleep if the lights are completly off (no i am not scared of the dark). All of the above is tre unless the bed is stuck to a wall i will face the wall. I will always place a pellow beside me.

Do you have any weird things you do when you sleep or do you just sleep at any given side?
  2. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

Nov 21, 2004
    Washington, D.C.
  3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    Nothing too bizarre to report on sleep wise, but I often get out of the wrong side of the bed on a morning. :mad:
  4. cairo macrumors regular

May 6, 2005
    left side if your facing the top of the bed...
  5. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    The middle usually since I'm often the only one in it, I tend to lean a bit towards the right though when I wake up. When I'm not alone I either take the right or the left depending on what the other party prefers, I honestly have no preference.
  6. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
  7. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

May 23, 2005
    London, UK
    I always sleep on the right of the bed and sleep on my right if I am sleeping on my own. If 'she' is in the bed as well, then I sleep on the left (is that too much information?) of the bed, but still sleep on my right side. But all the lights should be off for a proper night's sleep. And the radio (BBC Radio4) is always on regardless.

As for any weird things that I might do in bed (where toy parrots and inflatable tortoises might be part of the deal? ---- well, that'll have to wait for another thread). :confused:

And as for actually getting to sleep - excuse me but ---zzzzzzzzzzz :)
  8. cairo macrumors regular

May 6, 2005
    i think the only reason I pick the left side is because it is closer to the door... less likely to disturb wife at night
  9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2004
    London, UK
    On the top side. Well, usually. I've been known to sleep on the the bottom side during thunderstorms...
  10. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    But that's where the boogeyman lives! :eek:
  11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    In the middle. It's my bed, dagnabbit! (ok, it's a twin bed)

when I sleep in a larger bed, I'm usually on the right. The night stand is there, so I can put my contacts on it and such.

I've been told I have jimmy legs and that I kick in my sleep. *shrug*
  12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Every night I run madly into my bedroom, slip on a banana peel, hit my head on a bed post and pass out on bed. I find I usually end up on the left side of my bed because it's closer to the door but sometimes I get rolled onto the right because I have landed on my girlfriend.

One of these days I'll remember to throw out that banana peel.
  13. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    For some reason, I'm usually the closest to the door and furthest from the alarm clock. In our last apartment, that was the right (facing the bed). When we moved apartments - the same layout, as we only moved b/c the smoke from our neighbor's apartment was trespassing and violating our right of quiet enjoyment - I switched sides. The only time that isn't true is when we visit my parents. There, I sleep furthest from the door and nearest the alarm clock.
  14. zach macrumors 65816

Feb 14, 2003
    my bed is sandwiched between three walls, the only open side is the foot of the bed. it's also a somewhat large bed (full, large for me anyway.. i used to have a double), but i find myself waking up pressed up against the wall.

what can i say, i guess i just like the feeling of having something up against me... :D
  15. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    That happens to me sometimes, too!
    If I'm crashed at a friend's house and they let me share their bed, they usually end up punching me in the stomach so I get away from them.
  16. zach macrumors 65816

Feb 14, 2003
    heh heh heh. i've had that experience...
  17. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    I sleep on my side of the bed. My wife pretty much kicks me around until I'm further on my side, if that's at all possible. When she's traveling for work, I sleep in the middle with my three cats all around me.
  18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    I sleep on both sides.....i have one twin bed....so im all over that bed.

19. cslewis macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2004
    40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
    Well, I don't think I sleep too strangely.

Because my bed is rammed directly against the side of my room, I use it as part of my sleeping surface. I'll push against the wall so that about 2 3/4'' of space is in between the bed frame and the wall. Then, I'll push the mattress so that about 2-3 inches of space is added. I'll lay on my right hip in this little crevasse, my cheek and right forearm plastered against the wall. My feet are dangled off the opposite side of the bed at roughly a 130 degree angle from my thighs. My left arm is curled covering my heart, with the left palm touching the icy cold drywall. My upper body is supported by a loose pyramid of pillows that raises my shoulders above the ground. My head lies flat on top of the pyramid. As far as blankets go, I have a fleece one that's wrapped around everything below my navel, then traveling upward and over me to (theorietically) shield everything but my right cheek against the wall. I then have one of my mom's quilts that she made for me draped over the other half of my body, also scrunched under my left knee and shoulder. I also have a bedsheet that goes from underneath my legs to over my entire head region. I have a pillow between my knees, too.

Time to catch some sleep, sorry for the foggy and confusing post. It’s almost midnight, what can I say? :D
  20. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2006
    Eh, I tend to face the wall when I sleep (the bed is pressed up in a corner), I'm usually not even on my pillow.:p
  21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    You have 3 walls surrounding your bed? Are you in a closet or something? Not talking about sexuality or anything......just askin'.

I sleep on the side which shows me the most love that night. Sometimes I won't be able to sleep on either side of the bed.
  22. cycocelica macrumors 68000

Apr 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    Home: The middle (I miss my queen bed)

College: Near the wall. I keep my room really warm and the wall is super cold, so its a good mixture (This bed is a twin, it sucks)
  23. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    diagonally. unless I'm not on my own. and only on my sides, I can't sleep on my back or on my front.
  24. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    That's what I was thinking--the top side. Also, it's a single Japanese futon, so there isn't a whole lot of extra room, i.e. no left or right side.

However, I always wake up on my right side. Something to do with the heart being on the left side and not needing things pressing on it, perhaps?
  25. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I sleep on the side farthest from the bathroom. Because my wife wants the side closest to the bathroom.