Which Skin for my brand new iPod???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by vollspacken, May 10, 2004.

1. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

hi everyone,

I got my 20gig iPod today and I love it :D

the one thing I want to buy now is one of those "iSkin" things...

but which one is best??? iSkin EVO or iSkin EXO2???

any recomendation from someone who has had the chance to compare the two versions??? what exactly is the difference (besides the clip which I won't use/will take off anyways..? I would buy the arctic white version so it matches the iPod.

I already ordered a Timbuk2 iPod-case for my Timbuk2 messenger bag strap, but I want additional protection when I don't use the bag and the case...

any advice on which iSkin to get? :confused:

vSpacken

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Hummm.... Have you thought about a Marware case at all?

But between the two I would go with the Evo.

3. PHARAOHk macrumors regular

The evo has improved features and really is nice. One thing you should know is that you can't use the dock and the belt clip kind of sucks. I love this case so much that I am willing to not use the dock until someone makes an adapter or something. I traded a 2g for the 3g and was worried it would be hard to feel for the buttons while driving without selecting stuff. The evo lets me feel for the edge of the buttons without selecting anything.

4. Apmonia macrumors regular

iPod Skin

The iSkin feels too bulky for my iPod. I used it for a little while and then decided to get a skin from www.radtech.us. It does not protect the iPod as much, but hopefully you aren't looking to drop it any time. :)

It fits snugly over the iPod and comes in different colors. The really nice thing about it is the touch wheel, which can be a too touchy at times, is covered so it slows it down and becomes manageable again. Hope this helps.

Apmonia

5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

All I can say is those plastic skins make the ipod look cheap. Radtech's microfibre cloth skin is just damn sexy. Not only that, but all the other skins leave a huge hole in the center, giving no protection to the controls. The Radtech skin on the other hand covers the entire control panel, but it's still thin enough so everything's function while protected.