Which Speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crazyfortech, Jan 30, 2006.

1. crazyfortech macrumors member

Dec 28, 2005
    I want a new pair of speakers for my mac. I was thinking of the creature speakers, but they look like they don't power that mcuh soud. Is it worth the money for the sound sticks. About 60.00 to spend

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    hmmm... i try to find a store with demos of creature and the sound sticks. Personally, I think the creatures are pretty nice for the price, but in my experience people's personal on speakers is quite subjective. This is coming from someone who can tell the difference between a sony 6x9 and pioneer 6x9 by the sound.
  3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

Mar 15, 2005
    I have the Soundsticks. I like them a lot, but I wish they punched a little more power. I really wanted the silver Altec Lansings that match the Pro machines and cinema displays, but they were too tall for my desk. If I get a new desk, I might switch to those.

Otherwise, I recommend the Soundsticks. They are nice.
  4. Mizzou02RS macrumors member

Sep 13, 2005
    One word...Klipsch.

Best brand of speakers, bar none.
  5. sunfast macrumors 68020

Oct 14, 2005
    I've got Soundsticks II and I'm very very happy with them.
  6. robo74 macrumors 6502

Feb 6, 2004
    Near Chicago

I second that... they may be more money, but wait and save a little more, you wont be let down.

I still have my 4.1 system that was purchased in 1999. I put them thru hell in almost 7 years, but whats left of them stilll sounds great and hits hard!

Thats my .02