Which stand with grip vue?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gillybean, May 3, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

For people with the grip vue case, what kind of stand do you use? Are you able to get multiple angles?

2. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Using my grip vue right now and I am typing on the iPad with it propped at a angle against a "tabletop easel" stand that I got at a local Michael's for $3.99. When I am finished typing I will pick up the iPad and prop her against my legs again as I read or if I get up to go fetch more coffee, the iPad will be parked on the easel. Simple, quick and versatile!

Or, if I wanted, I could stick the iPad into the elegant iPad Arc stand, as the Belkin grip vue works well in there, too.

3. macrumors newbie

I have the bookarc coming from twelve south, but it hasn't arrived yet. that will be for my desk along with a wireless apple KB, where my iMac resides.

I'm planning to put a couple of other strategically placed stands around the house, like in the kitchen above the counter so I can keep it out of harm's way while I'm cooking, etc...

4. macrumors member

I'm using a card holder. Works great in portrait and landscape mode.

5. macrumors regular

The BookArc is not gonna work with the skin (unless you remove the insert). I'm gonna post something about this separately and show why I think it's a bad idea to use it.

EDIT: here's a link to what I wrote about the BookArc

6. macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

My iPad + Grip Vue fits in a Griffin Elan Passport folio case which also functions as a landscape-orientation stand. Pretty sturdy, too.

BJ

7. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I got a BookArc today with the updated inserts and they work great. I have the Grip Vue on too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. macrumors regular

Using my switcheasy stand , very sturdy when typing also , I have a spare one I can let go too ......

9. macrumors 68020

10. macrumors regular

Anyone find a good stand solution, specifically for typing? I'd like to be able to type while sitting in a recliner and while laying in bed. Sold my Grip Vue but I'm going to order a new one. Tired off all the bulky poor executed folio cases. I just keep wasting money on them.

11. macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I use this stand predominantly; works with most cases/skins so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-Adjust...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b2530531

I do use it in my lap all the time with my feet up, and I don't use a lap desk to do so. The tripod setup makes it very stable, and the adjustable positions make it more versatile than many others.

We also have a couple of these specially shaped pillows in the house that my husband and I both use pretty regularly as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Hog-Wild-Peer...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1280039115&sr=8-1

They come in a number of colors and prints. Only one angle, but it's a pretty good one for viewing, decent for typing depending on how you position yourself.