which super laptop will come out first?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Jan 21, 2004.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    a G5 powerbook or a dual G4 powerbook?

i am not sure about the need for the latter, but some may feel that there is not a distinct need (yet) for 64 bit computing in a portable

2. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Dual G4 is not going to happen, period.

The G5 will see the light of day soon.
  3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    I agree with mj_1903, there's no point to a dual G4 PowerBook. The new 15" and 17" PB's have very impressive xBench scores, as compared to the G4 towers. They perform more than well enough for a mobile computer. I also agree that the PowerBook G5 is sooner than many of us expect.
  4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I'm going with the crowd and have to say I can't see there ever being a dual G4 PB, the G5 PB shouldn't be to far away *crosses fingers*
  5. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Dual G5.... :eek: :p :p

nah, we'll see the G5 first, I can't imagine there ever been a Dual G4 version, it's too late in the day.... maybe a year ago.

I know I'd have certainly would have loved a Dual PowerBook especially as I use mine as a total desktop replacement.... the option to have serious rendering performance would certainly come in handy...

If Apple do squeeze in a G5 into the PowerBook sometime soon, I hope they manage to integrate the G5's cooler vents, love it!
  6. JFreak macrumors 68040

Jul 11, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    if they put a G5 in a powerbook sooner than late'04, i really hope they make it in a week - i'm buying a pb right now and holding the purchase until i hear from possible anniversary announcements...