which super laptop will come out first?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. jefhatfield Retired

    jefhatfield

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2000
    #1
    a G5 powerbook or a dual G4 powerbook?

    i am not sure about the need for the latter, but some may feel that there is not a distinct need (yet) for 64 bit computing in a portable

    thoughts?
     
  2. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

    mj_1903

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2003
    Location:
    Sydney, Australia
    #2
    Dual G4 is not going to happen, period.

    The G5 will see the light of day soon.
     
  3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

    MoparShaha

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #3
    I agree with mj_1903, there's no point to a dual G4 PowerBook. The new 15" and 17" PB's have very impressive xBench scores, as compared to the G4 towers. They perform more than well enough for a mobile computer. I also agree that the PowerBook G5 is sooner than many of us expect.
     
  4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

    edesignuk

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2002
    Location:
    London, England
    #4
    I'm going with the crowd and have to say I can't see there ever being a dual G4 PB, the G5 PB shouldn't be to far away *crosses fingers*
     
  5. iGav macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2002
    #5
    Dual G5.... :eek: :p :p

    nah, we'll see the G5 first, I can't imagine there ever been a Dual G4 version, it's too late in the day.... maybe a year ago.

    I know I'd have certainly would have loved a Dual PowerBook especially as I use mine as a total desktop replacement.... the option to have serious rendering performance would certainly come in handy...

    If Apple do squeeze in a G5 into the PowerBook sometime soon, I hope they manage to integrate the G5's cooler vents, love it!
     
  6. JFreak macrumors 68040

    JFreak

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    Location:
    Tampere, Finland
    #6
    if they put a G5 in a powerbook sooner than late'04, i really hope they make it in a week - i'm buying a pb right now and holding the purchase until i hear from possible anniversary announcements...
     

Share This Page