which super laptop will come out first?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Jan 21, 2004.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

a G5 powerbook or a dual G4 powerbook?

i am not sure about the need for the latter, but some may feel that there is not a distinct need (yet) for 64 bit computing in a portable

thoughts?

2. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

Dual G4 is not going to happen, period.

The G5 will see the light of day soon.

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I agree with mj_1903, there's no point to a dual G4 PowerBook. The new 15" and 17" PB's have very impressive xBench scores, as compared to the G4 towers. They perform more than well enough for a mobile computer. I also agree that the PowerBook G5 is sooner than many of us expect.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'm going with the crowd and have to say I can't see there ever being a dual G4 PB, the G5 PB shouldn't be to far away *crosses fingers*

5. iGav macrumors G3

Dual G5.... :eek: :p :p

nah, we'll see the G5 first, I can't imagine there ever been a Dual G4 version, it's too late in the day.... maybe a year ago.

I know I'd have certainly would have loved a Dual PowerBook especially as I use mine as a total desktop replacement.... the option to have serious rendering performance would certainly come in handy...

If Apple do squeeze in a G5 into the PowerBook sometime soon, I hope they manage to integrate the G5's cooler vents, love it!

6. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

if they put a G5 in a powerbook sooner than late'04, i really hope they make it in a week - i'm buying a pb right now and holding the purchase until i hear from possible anniversary announcements...