Which System Settings should I keep on/off?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Shawzborne, Sep 25, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

Hi guys,

I am wondering which "System Services" I should keep on or off? Also whether or not I should have "Cell network search" set to automatic or manual? Here's my current settings

System Services>all off

Cell network > manual(off)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank-you,

Shawn

2. macrumors 6502a

davehutch

3. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

I keep all off except cell network and compass calibration. And that's what I recommend to everyone I know that upgraded.

4. macrumors 601

What are your specific desired results?

5. macrumors 65816

TroyBoy30

6. macrumors 6502a

davehutch

I'm not responsible for the Internet. I expect people to read through them, make their own assessment and ignore what they believe to be wrong or irrelevant.

7. macrumors 6502a

This.

It's hard to answer the question if we don't know what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to conserve battery? Get the phone to perform better?

8. macrumors 601

sunking101

If you're trying to correct a severe battery drain, none of these settings will help you. Switching off certain features can only help you save a bit of juice here and there. I have done four clean installs and have every power hungry setting switched off, yet nothing has cured my horrendous battery drain under iOS7.

9. macrumors 6502a

For the internet to operate as intended, you're supposed to take a bogus and arbitrary position, then only present information in support of that position. I mean, c'mon! :rolleyes:

(pssst, thanks for the links)