Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Recently finished 2nd season of Narcos just in time to get started on the 5th season of Longmire so that I can hopefully be ready for the 1st season of Luke Cage in a few days (and still need to get back to the 1st season Stranger Things and finish up the 4th season of Orange is the new Black too)...trying to get through the ever increasing number of Netflix shows that I end up following in one way or another. Certainly makes it a little harder to stay on top of the fall season TV starting back up on networks and cable TV.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
How I Met Your Mother! it's a riot
first 5 seasons of that show were really great. season 6 and 7 started a decline (7 more than 6). and season 8 was completely unwatchable and then the finale was so incredibly bad that i can't even rewatch the series knowing how it ends

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Recently finished 2nd season of Narcos just in time to get started on the 5th season of Longmire so that I can hopefully be ready for the 1st season of Luke Cage in a few days (and still need to get back to the 1st season Stranger Things and finish up the 4th season of Orange is the new Black too)...trying to get through the ever increasing number of Netflix shows that I end up following in one way or another. Certainly makes it a little harder to stay on top of the fall season TV starting back up on networks and cable TV.

I totally feel your pain. My wife and I are so behind on the numerous shows we want to keep up with. I keep telling her not to add new stuff to our ever growing list, but it never fails something in the fall line up catches her eye and we get further and further behind.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
any of you guys see the trailer for the new netflix show "the crown"? it seems like it could be interesting.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Just finished Season 1 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Nothing special about it, especially considering the number of series I've watched over the past year and a bit, but it's definitely great, and I plan to keep watching it.

How I Met Your Mother! it's a riot

Great show! Watched it in the summer. Probably the best orchestrated series I've watched.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I totally feel your pain. My wife and I are so behind on the numerous shows we want to keep up with. I keep telling her not to add new stuff to our ever growing list, but it never fails something in the fall line up catches her eye and we get further and further behind.
Yeah, it gets tricky for those of us who enjoy a variety of TV (and movies) when returning shows are back and then a host of new shows are starting too and you have to figure out which ones to give a chance and even out of those which ones to even try to stick with since there can often be just too many potentially interesting ones (or even actually interesting ones).

jenni122701

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2013
(Western) North Carolina, USA
Oh no no... I finally finished all the seasons of Once Upon A Time on Netflix. Now I'm depressed it's over! I stretched it out as long as I could. Least I finished all 5 seasons in time for the season 6 debut on ABC. Still, I am now in search of a new show to fill my binge watching hole in the soul that finishing up Once Upon a Time left me with. Lol! So I'm back to this thread to look for ideas. I did see a Beauty and the Beast series I may enjoy. Haven't made a decision just yet though.

Edited to add: Decided to go for Borgias. I'm on episode 6 now. So far I like!

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
My family just finished season one of Stranger Things. It was ok, not sure if we'll watch the next season when it come out.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I was really hoping I'd like Jane the Virgin. I am not the target audience. Unfortunately, my wife is and is now hooked. I'm midway through season 4 of Game of Thrones.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
5th season of Game of Thrones and almost finished watching Lost... Then i'm gonna re-watch Boardwalk Empire..

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Luke Cage!!!!!

I don't know how Marvel does it. It's just hits after hits after hits. Also, I don't think Marvel gets enough credit for their casting - they nailed it once again with Luke Cage. Mike Colter, Mahershala Ali, Simone Missick and especially Alfre Woodard all nailed their roles.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Luke Cage!!!!!

I don't know how Marvel does it. It's just hits after hits after hits. Also, I don't think Marvel gets enough credit for their casting - they nailed it once again with Luke Cage. Mike Colter, Mahershala Ali, Simone Missick and especially Alfre Woodard all nailed their roles.

I'm into it too.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Luke Cage is tha bomb! :D

Casting is indeed flawless. And the music.. <3
Really love that show! I enjoy it even better than DD.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Last fall I missed so many episodes of the second season of Gotham that I said f it, I'll catch the entire season when it comes online.

Which it just did on Netflix. So I'm slowly catching up. I say "slowly" because Mrs. Veil can't handle the violence. I watch it only when she's not around.

I recently got a DVR so I won't miss the third season. I'm slowly compiling season 3 episodes while I'm working my way through season 2.

I forget where I read it, but someone recently wrote an article about how there are actually too many good quality series for most people to handle right now. While I'm catching up to Gotham, I'm also following Designated Survivor, and possibly Westworld.

The article suggested that we needed to go back to the days where there was nothing new or interesting on TV during the summer...just to give us all a chance to catch up on what we'd missed the previous nine months!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Last fall I missed so many episodes of the second season of Gotham that I said f it, I'll catch the entire season when it comes online.

Which it just did on Netflix. So I'm slowly catching up. I say "slowly" because Mrs. Veil can't handle the violence. I watch it only when she's not around.

I recently got a DVR so I won't miss the third season. I'm slowly compiling season 3 episodes while I'm working my way through season 2.

I forget where I read it, but someone recently wrote an article about how there are actually too many good quality series for most people to handle right now. While I'm catching up to Gotham, I'm also following Designated Survivor, and possibly Westworld.

The article suggested that we needed to go back to the days where there was nothing new or interesting on TV during the summer...just to give us all a chance to catch up on what we'd missed the previous nine months!
There is too much good stuff these days, I agree. Many people just pick a few things to follow, but I tend to like a larger variety and try to follow as much as I can, but even with DVR and Netflix and Amazon and all that it's mostly down to not really having enough of time and opportunity to keep up with everything. Summers king of used to offer that time, but even that isn't there anymore.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
did you guys hear that netflix will take out a 'Iron Fist' (marvel) series, that should be good.
Yeah, that's one of the original four that were initially announced. They will also do a team-up Defenders series (and the Punisher is getting his own series now).

frankgrimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2016
At the end of season 1 Narcos so far I really like it well done, bit too much spanish for my taste but other than that I like it.

Other than that can't wait for the final fight in Full Metal Alchemist

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.