Which version of OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bowens, Jun 20, 2006.

1. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I just purchased a new Intel Mac Mini Core Duo. I got it last Tuesday. I don't have high speed internet at home so I'm downloading all of my updates at work. I was wondering which version of 10.4 came installed on the computer. Do I need to upgrade to 10.4.6 or is that what comes installed?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The latest ones should have 10.4.6 already installed.

Are you saying that you don't have access to the home computer and you need to know now what's on it?

If you do have access to the computer, click on the apple in the top left corner of your screen and choose "About This Mac" to see what version you have installed.

3. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

Yeah, I'm at work so I can't check to see. I assumed it did but I was downloading updates for all of the iLife programs and they said they required version 10.4.6.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad I found this site.

4. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

It actually came with 10.4.5 installed, so I will download 10.4.6 today.

5. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

My advice for all Apple Programs: Always download the latest version. It's bound to be more stable than the previews one:

EXPEPTION: Systems 10.3.8 and 10.3.7 which had more kernel panics than the previews versions... Luckily this has been fixed later in 10.3.9.