Which Virus Scan software is best for OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GeneR, Feb 17, 2003.

1. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I was wondering which Virus Scan software to buy for my desktop. I would appreciate feedback on this. Thanks!

:D

2. medea macrumors 68030

medea

either Virex which happens to come with your .mac account if you sign up for one, or virusbarrier from Intego
    download the demo if you want to try it, but honestly there are rarely ever virus threats for the mac os.

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

You can try Norton AntiVirus 9 beta 1 for free...

http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=18381&db=mac

It actually works fine, with a few exceptions. Finally, they have integreated scanning for PC viruses (I though it was virii, but lately all you see is viruses). The only problem is with the compressed file scanner.

4. GeneR thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeneR

What about the haha@sexyfun.net worm?

I got an email the other day which I thought was a from a friend (yeah, riiiight) and I opened it only to find that it was some worm virus (according to the website, sexyfun.net -- WHICH by the way does not take responsibility for the virus at all. So, I guess I thought I might have gotten my desktop in trouble.

Any thoughts about that? By the way, I went to the Virex site and did not see a link for a free trail of the software. Oh well... Thanks, Felix. I'll try that one too!

:D

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I've gotten 3 windows virus so far on my mac.

It gets me really pissed off that they can't make a virus muti OS compaible... errr.

I keep finding all of these .exe files on my harddrive and I'm like 'ehhh? wtf?' then then I delete them.

no hard done. :)