which webdesign software to use?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kajuiter, Apr 19, 2006.

1. kajuiter macrumors newbie

Can somebody give me some good advice about which webdesign software i need to buy/use? I want to build a website for my starting company. i'm looking for a application that's really easy to work with because i'm not exactly a genius concerning these things.......

thanx

2. iGary Guest

iGary

RapidWeaver, DreamWeaver or iWeb (which I wouldn't recommend as it renders text as .png images rendering your site quite unreadable to Google bots).

Get a basic HTML book to help so you know what means what, too, because DreamWeaver doen't always reneder the cleanest code.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

4. rogueToe macrumors newbie

Shutterbug is quite easy to use. As is Rapidweaver.

5. alfonskent macrumors newbie

I want to suggest you for web design apps and software. For apps you can use web design apps Komodo Edit, FileZilla, Xara Xtreme and Subversion. For software use The GIMP 2.2.13, Picasa, ColorPic, Easy Thumbnails and FastStone Photo Resizer. Many software you can download free from Internet.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Rapid weaver is great but you can't just buy rapid weaver and expect fantastic sites. You need to buy add-on's to make it work best, once you add up all the add on's you'll need you could easily spend $100

7. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Note Pad ++

Hardcoding is the only way to go.

8. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

For handcoding, [URL="http://panic.com/coda/“]Coda[/URL]. Hands down.

9. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular