Which?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jamescwarren, Jun 27, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

I have seen some buying guides etc... but still do not know which Mac laptop to get. My dad has a MacBook and I have a 15" PowerBook G4. I really like my PowerBook but it can scratch easily. I like the MacBook apart from the fact that I would be going from a sleek metal computer to a white plastic one. I would use the new laptop for iMovie editing, the odd iDVD project, listening to iTunes, updating my website, using MSN, Skype, and playing some games such as Sims 2 (with expansion packs), etc... The two models I am choosing between is the: white MacBook, 2 GHz, 120 GB, 1 GB RAM. And the: MacBook Pro, 2 GHz, 120 GB and 1 GB RAM. My birthday is on October 22nd which is when I would be getting my laptop so I have some time, but would be nice to know what to look forward to though! Thanks for speedy replies!

P.S. Is the MacBook Pro power brick a lot bigger than the PowerBook's, or just slightly? Thanks!

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Definetely get a MacBook Pro, by October I'm sure there will be updates too so you'll get a REALLY nice machine. When I went to the Apple Store, the MacBook Pro was a bit thinner than the PowerBook, I don't think the power brick is that big, you'll have to let someone who owns a MBP to tell you that.

3. SteveRichardson macrumors regular

SteveRichardson

Well unless they stick a dedicated graphics card in the MacBooks by then, your best bet with things like games/making iMovies would be the MacBook Pro...from what I've gathered.

I'm making the hard decision b/w a high end MacBook and a midrange MBP in this forum...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=212115

good luck! :)

4. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Thanks people for really quick replies. MacBook Pro it is then I think!!!:D

5. Placeholder macrumors member

Placeholder

I got my MBP back in March and I haven't regretted it. To me, it's been worth is just to have the bigger screen (15) - the backlit keyboard comes in handy from time to time too.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I say go for option #2: the 2GHz MacBook Pro. That is the machine I went with and it is awesome! :)