Whistleblower's open letter to Thomas Kean

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Aug 3, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Whistleblower, or disgruntled ex-employee?

Long letter is worth a look at scoop.co.nz

2. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

Thsi next paragraph is particulary interesting.

Is the report a coverup?

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

"There are several things rotten in the state of the union"...to paraphrase from Hamlet. It's high time the US media started to put all this stuff together. I hope Seymour Hersch is on the case, but there are so many smoking guns around 9/11 and it's aftermath that it's hard to know where to begin. I fear that the corruption of power and routine use of deceit in the administration and its agencies has become so pervasive and endemic that the American people may be either conditioned into cynical acquiescence, or unwilling to open this can of worms for fear of an administrative implosion.

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

What do you expect from a government surrounded by a toothless media and a clueless public? We've been duped and we'll be duped again unless our real representatives, courageous journalists, decide to hold our government accountable for their misdeeds in the public sphere.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Part of the problem, at least from a European perspective (as Takao has pointed out elsewhere) is that NOBODY OVER THERE RESIGNS ANY MORE. Over here, by contrast, we've had several high-level resignations (and I hope several more to come). If nobody resigns when faced by such a series of misjudgments, mistakes, misinformation and misdeeds, either the ethical bar is being progressively lowered, or competence is no longer valued, or the truth gets twisted to accommodate the errors and misdeeds.

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

for example a few years ago there was the case where one illegal immigrant where taken to his home-country and during the flight he died because the police agents put a plaster over his mouth (he tried to bite the agents) the illegal immigrant had a chronical heart disea and problems with his lungs

within a month new guidelines for bringing illegal imigrants home were made and accepted with banning all methods of mouth covering and actually this guidelines were the last thing he made and after those guidelines got finished the minister for inner policy (responsible for police) resigned because "the changes haven't been made earlier and he will take the consequences"

edit: i forget to mention: the press (conservatives and liberals) were 'firing with all barrels' during the time ... far from being toothless

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm glad ms. edmonds wrote this and distributed it for publication. unfortunately, like ms. rowley, she'll be soundly ignored and probably punished.

here's my soundbite for today: "9/11 changed nothing that it should and everything that it shouldn't."

8. FriarCrazy macrumors regular

Fie fie fie upon it!

9. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

An AMERICAN gov't offical ADMIT they are WRONG! :eek: Bite your tongue, Skunk!

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

11. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

That Republican who had an affair stepped down as an "example" to Clinton... other than that, I don't think so.