White Apple iBook/PowerBook G4 AC Cord? Rare?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by LimeiBook86, Mar 11, 2006.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I have owned a few AC adapters from my Apple notebooks and while searching online I came upon this model. It looks like the old rectangular (not round or square) 45w Power Adapters for the PowerBook G3s but, it's white with a small apple logo in the label among some text, and it's for the newer Dual-USB iBooks and PowerBook G4s. I found it on eBay, the seller seems to have a ton of them. A picture is attached, I just thought this was odd because I've never seen it before. The only thing I can guess is it is the replacement AC adapter apple offered a little while back for the faulty ones.

Any ideas? I think it's kinda cool :)

eBay Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-MAC-AC-Po...categoryZ11168QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Attached Files:

2. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

It's definitely a Powerbook G3 adapter. I'm not aware of any ibooks coming with this type adapter. I haven't ever seen one in white either, I wonder if they are genuine Apple stock items? Although the seller states these are for the newer ibooks and G4 Powerbooks the 45W adapter will work fine with all Powerbooks and ibooks back to the 1400.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

The plug at the computer end it way bigger for PowerBook G3s than G4s.
    So unless there's an adapter I can't see how it would suit newer G4s to 1400s.

EDIT: Ah I just read the ad
    "NOTE: This adapter will not work with older model iBook Clamshell and PowerBook G3 below 500MHz"

4. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    most unusual. The auction says shipping is 15.99! Thats way over priced. The adaptor is weird though. Its unusual that it is a white brick with a black cord.

5. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Looks like the AC adapter for the Outbound Notebook. It doesn't have a kangroo on it, does it? :p

6. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Well the shipping is usually a easy way for extra money on eBay. So like instead of having a $25 item with $5 shipping, they have a $15 item with $15 shipping. This is an indeed odd item, I'm almost about to buy one to find out it's secrets ;)

7. California macrumors 68040

California

8. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

It has a Apple logo on the sticker. Education version for iBook labs??

9. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

yea they do that so they wont have to pay ebay more for a higher priced item. they get a % out on how ever much the item sells for. they cant take it out of the shipping. that is one way to cheat ebay out of getting money for there services. i dont like how they jack up the shipping so thay can get more money for the item insted of paying ebay for there services

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude