White G4

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Muskie, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I was thinking a couple days ago that it'd be really slick lookin if I was able to paint my G4 white, cause I like white, but more importantly because it would match my keyboard and tablet :) A year or so ago someone sent me this link http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzUx and I thought it was pretty cool lookin, and that if I did something similar it would be nice. What I want to do is not paint the outside of the case, just do the piece of plastic or whatever that's right inside. I would just take the thing apart and figure out how to do that, but I want to have the ability to "reset" it. If I screw it up, or it turns out not like I expect, I want to be able to just put it back the way it was. Does anyone know if I can jsut order new inside (grey) parts from apple? Or if I can make my own? Or anything at all? I'll probably send the people who did the Rotten Apple an email soon after I finish this post, but I would prefer some mac people input :)

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i believe there is a company that sells just what you're after, prepainted inserts in various designs as well as clear ones that you can paint. IIRC it is a good kit, complete with instructions...

anyone provide the link? i'm not remembering it...

paul

3. Muskie thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie

4. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

The people on that website should be shot for butchering a G4 cabinet to put x86 hardware inside.

5. Muskie thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie

yea its pretty bad... but it looks nice... heh