White House Admits U.S. Leader In Iraq Wanted More Troops

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 10, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Surprise surprise... Pity Bremer didn't have the stones to say it publicly at the time. But crossing the Bush family has high costs...

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- this one will do GREAT things for troop morale! :rolleyes: Way to support the troops King George! :mad:

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Didn't we already know this? Weren't these commanders also saying we needed more troops? Yep.

You're doing a heck of a job Rummie. :rolleyes:

5. tristan macrumors 6502a

Bremer's got a book to sell - but yes, I think he is telling the truth. Why bother making that up now?

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I guarantee you the WH would not be 'admitting' anything if Bremer was lying. Hell, Bremer's got to have indisputable proof or the WH would be denying everything and calling Bremer a 'disgruntled former employee. We've seen THAT all before...

7. silverback66 macrumors regular

So that's what Bremer said, but what did the generals on the ground say? If they agreed with Bremer then there is an issue. If not, and they believed troop levels were suffiicient then you can hardly blame the President for the miscalculation. I mean if you were the president and fighting a war, wouldn't you be listening to the advice of your generals?

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's certainly up for debate. I wonder if at any point we'll find out that one or more generals had the same concern.

If I were a president I'd be listening to more than just my generals.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I think you guys missed my YEP. A simple Google search says that some did say that. I thought this was public knowledge quite some time ago. Bush ignored the ones that turned out to be right. Again.

http://www.thetalentshow.org/archives/000911.html

(edit: note the date of the article)