White House Dog 'Spot' Dies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Feb 22, 2004.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Much as I disagree with Bush on just about everything, I thought his two dogs were pretty cute. There's something about a presidential dog I really like. They can disobey and even piss on the most powerful man in the world, and get away with it! Who else could claim that?
  2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2003
    Terlingua, Texas
    There's something about losing a dog that's just a real gut-ripper. BTDT, didn't like it.

I just wish people could be as loyal as dogs to the rules they learn when young...Then again, maybe they are, and that's the problem.

3. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2004
    That's sad. I lost my cat last June and it still is upsetting. I had problems waking up my 12.5 year old cat this morning. I'm dreading her dying.
  4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Feb 11, 2004
    Spot checking out

I know I want to empathize here, since I lost a loyal and faithful family pet many years ago myself. I had a (even the vet wasn't sure) dog that was a mix (best guess) Husky, Shepard, Coyote, and who knows what else. She was a beautiful animal and watched over my kids as they grew up, protecting and playing with them as her own pups. No matter where I went during my explorations (Southern California DWG volunteer) she always seemed to climb and go where ever she wanted, So the name I gave her was "Chiva" (Spanish for goat) because she would go places during our excursion to the desert that I wouldn't even try to go. When she reached 16 she developed arthritis in her hip and sometimes couldn't even come to her food dish. I had to carry her outside and back inside so she could go potty. Finally we decided she was in so much pain and there were no drugs I could get for her, my son (now 16 years old) and I decided to put her down. I still get teary eyed when I think of her..... as I am right now, as we loved her as much as a member of the family would be.

Good-bye Spot I know you will be in good company.