White House Responds to O'Neill's Criticisms

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Jan 13, 2004.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-oneill13jan13,1,6137673.story

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow, so quick to get an investigation under way here and so slow to get one going over the leaking of Valerie Plame's ID.... I wonder why?[/SARCASM]

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Yes, I'd noticed that too. Within 24 hours of the broadcast, they were right on it.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

the story has suddenly gone from bush's wrongdoing to o'neill's wrongdoing. well deflected, WH. you suck, CNN.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Notice almost all the attacks are on O'Neil's character and motivations, not on the veracity of the claims themselves.

6. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Sounds like the debating tactics some use here.

7. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

O'Neill is quoted by the BBC as saying all the documents used in the book were released by Treasury Dept. legal counsel.

It sounds like more of the intimidating tactics used against Plame and her husband. If you go against this WH you are going to pay. In this case at least in the pocketbook of O'Neill - legal counsel to defend yourself against even spurious charges by the government doesn't come cheap.

8. Waluigi macrumors 6502

yea, and, in the general election debates too (pisses the crap out of me when they never answer questions directly)...

--Waluigi