White House Website hopelessly outdated.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Feb 19, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

http://www.whitehouse.gov/response/disarm.html

You would think they would update their website.

Maybe the web designers aren't campaign donors and so don't get any Government money.

2. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

I know that you are speaking of a valid working link, but where did you actually find that. You make fun of them for not having an up to date site, but I went to their home page and could not find a link to the page you speak of. I also tried to back track through the logical navigation of topics given on your linked page.

either you dug real deap on the site for this or i am completely missing the navigation from the home web page. www.whitehouse.gov

3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

AMDMACMAN, I went to the Whitehouse.gov and within 30 secs found the letter posted. Do a search (in the space provided) for "disarm" in the returning page look at the second item down,....

No Matter Where you go, There you are...

4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Geezer, I know there are probably several hundred pages on that site and at some time they will get around to updating them all, and then by that time have to start all over again with the 2004 election results.
    Do you write HTML? how long does it take to re-write a page?
    I ask that not sarcastically, because I really don't know, though I am trying to learn Apple Scripting and I know that is a tedious effort at best.
    And did you know that even though the posts may be out of date I find it interesting to see a historical recounting of events, and being able to access older letters and reflect on what effects if any they have had on history. I find older information an emense and valuable sorce of information

Sparky

5. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

it was probably an archive or a press release, so why update it? It was what they said at the time, and its stored so people can go back to it, thats not an uncommon policy. Changing it now would be revisionist history.