Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Most cases are black, and I want a case that will some sort of match my white iPad 2. Any recommendations?

HazChem

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2006
Mine is in a DODOcase Limited Edition case.

I also covered the back with white carbon fiber skin when not in a case.

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
Treegloo

I have a white iPad 2 and purchased a Treegloo with
- Unicorn White cover,
- natural wood frame with red suede accent,
- white kinetic latch, and
- Indy Adventure cloth liner with camera port.

Treegloo has a variety of color options:

http://treegloo.com/options

(The 23.5 by Portenzo is similar and also very appealing.)

danrel

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2009
North Carolina
I bought the tan Smart cover and intend to darken and waterproof it soon using leather oil and leather water repellant.

On the back, I bought a discounted iPad 1 Zagg screen protector and trimmed it to 6x8" exactly, using a Fiskars mat cutter. I only need slight protection from scratches on the back and I like the rubbery feel as it gives me a lot more grip while holding the iPad naked. Yes I like to hold it naked but don't want to have to grip too hard as it's in my hand(s) for long periods of time, at times. ;)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 101

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
White 32GB wifi and I have a Navy smart cover with a Red on it's away.

I'm looking at trying out some of the hard shell clear cases compatible with the smart cover. So far I have on order are: eBay clear shell, Enki Genius Case, Joy Factory Smart cover and am considering ordering the XGear Enhancer to do a comparison video.

I am also considering cases that match my smart cover... So right now I have a Boxwave Smart Sleeve - Navy being shipped to me, which I will do a review/comparison with the eBay TPU I am using right now. Also interested in the Smart Feather once it's available, but we will have to see how the limitations of the case affect me.

Other options I might be considering (if I haven't found what I like by then) are the Piel Frama iMagnum, Melko Leather Snap, and the Happy Owl Leather Shell.

EPiD3MiK

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2009
I have a white iPad 2 and purchased a Treegloo with
- Unicorn White cover,
- natural wood frame with red suede accent,
- white kinetic latch, and
- Indy Adventure cloth liner with camera port.

Treegloo has a variety of color options:

http://treegloo.com/options

(The 23.5 by Portenzo is similar and also very appealing.)

Can you post some pictures of this case??

I've been wanting to see the Indy adventure and red suede accent.

Thanks in advance!

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Black smartcover
TwelveSouth BookBook in black - originally had for ipad, works just as well, looks just as good with white ipad2.
CyberAcoustics in black leather
Switcheasy Canvas in charcoal - should be arriving today
Portenzo Composition2 - should be arriving, umm, hmm.... will have to get back to you on that one.

bender0069

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
I have the green smart cover and the green Aviiq case on order. I also have a black/grey reversible sleeve from kingsinton ordered through amazon.com for $5

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Black leather Smart Cover - I'm happy with it.
Ghost Armor Tungsten skin - it's ok, not worth the $35 I spent on it though.

Been thinking about the Switch Easy Canvas but don't want to give up the use of my iPad2 dock.

Somewhat related I have the Osprey Warp on order.

applefanatic32

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
California
WHITE Carbon Fiber case for iPad 2

LOL I found myself in the same boat as the original poster of this thread. I always feel like they make the "cool cases" in black and forget about those of us who want a "cool" white case to go with our white iPads.

I loved the look and functionality of my friend's Carbon Fiber Scosche FolDIO case for iPad 2. I found out that Scosche also makes this case in WHITE carbon fiber! I quickly ordered it and couldn't be happier! I am kind of an iPad case junkie and have a wide variety of cases. This is seriously one of my favorites at this point in time! Good luck!

Just some guy

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011
i just want to point out the the name of this thread could have just been

"White iPad users, what cases did you purchase? "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.