Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

113734-best_buy_white_iphone_4_feb_27_500.jpg

We've received information today from a source sharing the above screenshot claimed to be from a Best Buy inventory database showing both 16 GB and 32 GB white iPhone 4 models listed with expected in-stock dates of February 27th. The SKU and model numbers associated with the entries are identical to those previously used by Best Buy when it was taking pre-orders for the white iPhone 4 prior to last summer's launch, pre-orders that were canceled when Apple delayed availability of the white versions.

The discovery comes as Engadget notes that the white iPhone 4 has similarly showed up in the inventory system of Vodafone Germany. That report's source also indicated that a launch is expected "soon".

It is unknown whether these outlets have actual information on an upcoming release of the white iPhone 4 models or if they are simply preparing their internal systems in anticipation of Apple's most recent claims of a "spring" release for the long-delayed white versions. February 27th is a Sunday, which would be an odd choice for an Apple product release, as the company typically targets its launches of highly-anticipated products for Thursdays or Fridays in order to generate high-volume sales over the launch weekends.

The potential impact of a white iPhone 4 has likely lessened as the months have gone by, with customers who had been interested in the white version in many cases having moved on to second-choice handsets and consumers already looking forward to the expected release of a fifth-generation iPhone in the middle of the year. Rumors surfacing just after Apple's October announcement of the latest delay in availability had even suggested that the company has no intention of releasing the white iPhone 4 and will simply announce another delay sometime early this year that will lead into the release of the fifth-generation devices.

Article Link: White iPhone 4 Appears in Best Buy Inventory System With February 27th Launch Date

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
White iPhone <--- There has never been an Apple product that I've cared less about.

Mark

winty03

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Whats the deal?!?!? Releasing the white phone end of Feb. Released the V iphone begining of Feb and iPhone 5 in June?!?! Just seems like the worst possible timing on the products?

EVERYTIME I go to purchase more Apple products, I get stuck in this buy or not buy...V iphone in Feb...but 4 months later...redesign? iMac 27" mid cycle...wait or buy...I love Apple but man sometime thier timing of release totally SUCK!

Last edited:

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
now the question would be if this is true. would it be announced during an event. not to bring up another when is the ipad 2 being announced but i feel as though Apple would announce the white ip4 being available at an event. but that would interfere with the the other rumor about the April 2nd and 9th release days for ipad so i feel this as false

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
Do you think att will let me trade in my black one in exchange for a white one if I threaten to switch to Verizon?

Lol:D

ComputersaysNo

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Amsterdam
The iphone4 will replace the 3Gs, so that makes room for an Iphone5 later this year no? It's not that the 4 will be discontinued after the 5 is launched will it.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Well, you can buy a "DIY white iPhone sticker" that works great on an existing iPhone 4.

boredandlonely

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
They saved it until Steve-sick story broke. Like Steve saved his sick-note for the day before the earnings report.

londonmystery

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
London, UK
Has anyone noticed the "out of stock date" of 23rd June 2012 This would coincide nicely with iphone 6 release in late June/early July.
Going by previous releases. :):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.