White iPhone 4 Light Leakage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vampireszombies, May 22, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi, I've had my new white iPhone for a couple days now and this morning I was messing on the phone in the dark and I noticed light coming out of the headphone jack and simcard adapter hole. Its not super bright light, but noticeable. It doesnt even look like its a flaw really, almost like its supposed to be there. If you think about it the light is somewhat of a convenience?
    (I would have provided a pic but the phone is currently my only camera atm)

So I was just wondering, is this normal for all whites? Does yours do it? I never saw any light but the screen when I had the black i4. Thanks.

2. macrumors 603

saving107

The color of your phone doesn't make a different, this has been normal on every iPhone since 2007, enjoy.

3. macrumors 68040

bruinsrme

Ha, never noticed that before

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

I've had every iPhone since 2007, and used them all in the dark, and I never seen it. Thanks for the input.

5. macrumors 6502a

I consider it to be a feature, helps you find the headphone port in the dark :D

6. macrumors 68000

does this with the black too, nothing to see here.

7. macrumors newbie

The same thing happend on my iphone3,don't worry

8. macrumors member

my black i4 also has dim light coming from the headphone jack... but not the sim hole

9. macrumors member

I didn't noticed that until I read it here. But it's not really noticeable unless you look at the inside the headphone jack. And no light bright enough can be seen coming out off it though, just when you look closely inside.