White K/B and mouse

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Beej, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Anyone noticed that the white keyboard and white mouse are more expensive than their black counterparts?

Is there any difference between the two apart from colour? I realise that the mouses are a little different structurally, but are the electronics any better? Or is this just a case of higher demand = higher prices? Or they can't make enough so they jack the prices up so people don't buy them?

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

maybe I'm not sure maybe different buttons????

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

naw. i have the white keyboard (came with my new imac obviously) and it's exactly the same as the black one.. apart from color. the price difference must be there simply because they just started to make the white keyboards, so they don't have much in stock.

irmongoose

4. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

is it possible to get the white keyboard with the black mouse WHEN you get your computer, and notpay more afterwards and end up with two mice? I'd probably like to get the white mouse with my tower this summer, it seems a little bit more sleek then the black IMO.

5. Beej thread starter macrumors 68020

Beej

I asked about this when I got my new PowerMac. They wouldn't do it.

But that's not to say other places won't, my local Apple store is tight as (and don't seem to care much about their customers.)