White lines through iPod Nano screen?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by skubish, Jun 24, 2006.

1. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

My iPod nano has suddenly developed a 1/4 inch white band across the middle of the screen. I tried the 5Rs with no luck. Anyone know of a fix for this or is it busted. It is a year old so it is out of warranty.

If it is busted, its pretty lame my 3G 20GB iPod laster longer than the nano.

2. SamJ macrumors member

dude, the same thing happened to my 5g 30GB yesterday. My ipod was perfect apart from a few back scratches, the screen was immaculate to say the least. So I listen to it yesterday..turn it off... turn it on again and I've got this digital tearing in the screen. Its like pixel distortion. I've had mine for a month so I'm gonna power the battery down and recharge, if it doesnt work Im claiming repairs on it.

If its over a year old, I would suggest just letting it sit. Stupid I know, but I did it to mine and the screen somewhat resored. It still got this ugly pixel band running down the screen of white lines. Honestly just put it down for a few days. Yours might not be as bad as mine and could therefore magically heal.

Good Luck:)

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Maybe its just a scratch?

If not, try restoring iPod.