White MacBook Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NeoMac, Sep 12, 2006.

1. NeoMac macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2006
    Does anyone know if the white macbooks are still having any problems? I wanted to pick one up soon and I remember hearing that they were having issues with staining. Does anyone know what issues the macbooks are having? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
  2. tvguru macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    Kenora, ON Canada
    I don't think it was thaaaat big of a problem. Just heard a bit about it and don't think I've heard much lately. My sister has one of the originals and has yet to have a problem. I'd say the chances are so minute of you getting one that "stains" that you have nothing to worry about.
  3. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    The main Macbook problems are:

-random shutdown

Discoloration has been solved by using a different material. Random shutdown is being solved by replacing the logic board. The fuss about a small percentage of Macbooks having these problems has made it seem, to a newcomer, that a large percentage of Macbooks are faulty. This is not the case, don't be fooled.
  4. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    They shouldn't have the problem anymore, like others have said. If it does - Apple has acknowledged the problem and should replace it.