White Macbook Rubber Feet

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pica93, Aug 2, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Apr 21, 2008
    Has anyone noticed there rubber feet on there macbook wearing down.
    Mines less than a year old and its already worn a lot.

Don't worry about the cover bit on the case, thats to to protect it from getting scratched.

As you can see from the photo its worn a fair bit. and now it generally sits on the white plastic not the feet.

Let me know if you have the same experience,

Cheers in advance :D

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68040

Sep 28, 2008
    I try to avoid sliding my laptop around on surfaces so I can't say I've had an issue with either my G4 iBook or my Unibody. If you tend to do that quite a bit or use rough surfaces that'll wear down the feet alright.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2003
    Washington DC
    After 3+ years of heavy use, the feet on my white Macbook are quite a bit more worn than that, the ones next to the hinge worse than the others. It doesn't seem to hurt anything though.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Apr 21, 2008
    Thats ok, i just wanted to check its normal.

I rang apple care up, and they say you actually can't buy the rubber feet by themselves you have to get the whole white bottom case which i thought was stupid :confused:
  5. macrumors regular

Apr 2, 2009
    I have these rubber feet on, once protected my MB from falling off the chair. I bought it at my school bookstore. I only use the 4 small one.

Attached Files:

6. Guest

White Macbook Rubber Feet

I use and really like the "Targus" notebook riser. It's built solid while providing good ventilation. I just move the Targus when adjusting the laptop position and the bottom never touches the surface of the table.
  7. macrumors 68000

Jan 8, 2009
    I guess you were "protecting" the wrong thing. :D

The first thing I did when I bought my whitebook was to also get a cheap-assed speck case for the top and bottom. As I read these forums I'm so glad I did.

What did Apple say about changing out the bottom case to remedy this? Will they cover this under warranty? (You never say).
  8. macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2008
  9. macrumors regular

May 31, 2009
    Just checked mine, one of them is starting to wear like that but the rest look normal :confused:
  10. thread starter macrumors member

Apr 21, 2008
    I am sending my MacBook back soon anyway as I have 90 days warrenty left, and the White is starting to go yellow. Which I have heard is a commen problem and apple will replace it free of charge.

Does anyone know how long apple take to replace it for you????
  11. macrumors 65816

Nov 28, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    That's probably the only thing I don't like about the Invisible Shields... the fact that they go yellow/reddish after a while!

12. macrumors 65816

Mar 8, 2009
    That is a little worse than those on my White MacBook, but mine is only a few months old. You could never put your laptop down on anything hard... but I suggest just being a little more careful and accept that it is just life.