Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
It depends if you're male or female.
I can't see why that would even come in to it. Neither colour is exclusive to a particular sex and as far as I am aware, both males and females are capable of liking both black and white lol.

I chose the white iPhone 5 because once I saw both colour variations in person, I preferred the white version. Purely my personal opinion based on preference, there is nothing to disagree on and I am not wrong because everybody's preferences differ. I have to laugh at some of the disagreements on this thread to be honest. Get a grip people lol. :)

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
i'm not sure if i'm understanding you right. both white and black iphones have 16:9 displays, and both phones take 4:3 pictures. when i'm viewing pictures or videos on either device, i'm seeing the same thing.

if you're talking about the white bezel being a distraction, your mind learns to ignore it over (a short amount of) time. i've had a white iphone 4, a white iphone 4s, and a white iphone 5. the white is never a bother.

to answer the original question, i do think the black iphone is ever so slightly more striking than the white, and that's saying a lot coming from a person who's always chosen white iphones. i wound up picking white, however, because of the flaking and more noticeable finger prints on the black.

Sure effectively it's the same, but in my case I believe I could never avoid noticing the white iphone when watching videos or pics

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I've always had black iphones until the 5. I love the 5 in its all black sleekness, I think its the best looking black iphone to date. However I traded mine in for the white and do not regret it at all. Why, because it was starting to look like my beat up black maglite only after two weeks of use. The white simply wears better. Besides I was ready for a change anyway. That said my ipad will never be white (I use it as the device to watch my videos and such and the white is very distracting)

NicoleNicole10

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
The black one, looks amazing!

As for the white one I think it's absolutely horrible, much prefer my white 4S.

Thats YOUR opinion .. The white Looks Incredible

----------

I Honestly Love The Look Of The White One Better Theres Just Something About It. Its Really Sexy & Reminds Me Of Diamonds .. Black Is Awesome Tho' I Like The All Black ..Looks Smokin ;)

----------

White all the way!!!
. Amen To That Bro ;)

----------

Black is super sexy
White is beautiful
Yeah I Agree The Black Is Smokin & The White Is Gorgeous :D

kaibex

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
East Sussex, UK
I've had;
3G - Black
3GS - White
4 - White
4S - Black
5 - Black

Looks like I'm overdue a White iPhone. Next one will definitely be white as iOS 7 seems as though it will look better on white iPhone5S/iPhone 6/New iPhone whatever it ends up being called! :D

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I have a white iPhone 5, but I think the black one looks better. I got white because the black one looks like crap when it gets scratched on the edges, and I was sick of having a black iPhone.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
I love the look of the black iPhone 5 (backside and side) but I think that the font or the white iPhone 5 looks better. I like that smudges are not as noticeable on a white device. Makes me miss my white iPhone 4S

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
White and black are both gorgeous, but white looks more luxurious. The shiny bezel mixed with the matte aluminum compliment the white glass beautifully.

I had a black at first but switched to white.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
The one in your hand. What nonsense, does it really matter? Do you look at your neighbors house/flat and wish it were yours?

I sound like an old person.

"Ditto" get what you want, and like, not ask strangers on any forum for what they like. Goodness, OP. I never look at someone else's phone nor do I brag about what I have, and never show off either.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Was definetely going with the black i5. When I got
In the store there was no black 32gb in stock, and I don't want to wait
And pickup the white.

At first I was hesitant but then I can appreciate the beauty in it, the white is beautiful!!

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
iOS 7 was made for white iPhone.

I think Jonny Ive prefers the white iPhone 5, and I think this reflects in the design aesthetic of iOS 7. It definitely looks as though it was made with the white model in mind more than the black. Im really looking forward to seeing what they do in the future with iOS and iPhones color wise.

iPoopeh

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
I'd have to say black iPhone~ Makeup shows up too easily if it's white. :(
Also black just looks more slick/stylish to me. ^ ^

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
doesnt matter, both of them become silver after one month since the paint starts falling off :p

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Had black one but after i cracked screen, bought white one and for me somehow white is more sexy and more practical talking about scratches

iCole

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
I got me the white one. Some may say it looks somewhat like a phone for women, but i love women, so perfect! I also have a white iPad. Looks very sterile and clean.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.