Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galc1991

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2013
The white is much more beautiful and practical, it did not quickly scratched contrast to black.

I do not know how to explain it, but the white is much more impressive and appealing to the eye,Like a diamond.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I have a black 5 and love it. No case, only a skin and it still looks great. This fall I'll likely get my first white phone, as I agree with the others regarding iOS 7. It looks like they are trying to make us buy white. I admit the white 5 looks very nice, so I'll go for it on the 5S.

oaktree

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
I have, and will be getting, a black. To me, the key factor is the way the phone looks when not in use. With the black, the whole screen is black. With the white, there is a rectangle of black. It just doesn't look as sleek to me that way.

When I originally purchased mine, the demos where black and the phones in the ads where black. Now the demos are white and the phones in the ads are white. I think Apple is trying to influence our choice.

Pitch97

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2013
I'd have to go with white on the iPhone 5, I've always gotten black Apple products but there's just something about the 5 that makes the white more appealing, less wear and tear maybe?

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Since responding to this thread on Sep 24, 2012, 05:47 PM I have gotten a white iPhone 5, a white iPad 4 and a white Galaxy S4

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
White iphone 5 my 4 was black and I want a change, I love how ios 7 looks on white iphones :D

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
I have the black 5, i had a white 4s before that and a black 4 before that. Tend to switch it up every year, just for it to feel fresh. I'll probably go for the white 5S this time. The one thing about the white vs black in the current design is the chamfered edge. I like the black better because of that. The white one is too shiny, like polished steel, vs stainless steel. This wasn't the case with the design of the 4. That overly shiny edge makes the white feel like jewelry to me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks, the one that "looks better" is simply the one you like more for whatever (your own) reasons.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
I think each phone looks better in a certain color. I went for white for the iPhone 5 and when I switch to the S4, it'll be black.

IVRnJgr

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2013
White. The black one can be scuffed, revealing the real color before the black paint/color.

-IVRnJgr

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
I think the black one looks sharper but the white one stands the test of time better. I went with the white one

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
7 pages discussing a white vs black telephone. Seriously.

I'm going to print this thread out, have it laminated, and stuff it in a bottle. In a few years, when the planet is 150 degrees and half under water, people will wonder how we could've possibly let that happen. Someone will find this thread curled up in a bottle, and then they'll know.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
7 pages discussing a white vs black telephone. Seriously.

I'm going to print this thread out, have it laminated, and stuff it in a bottle. In a few years, when the planet is 150 degrees and half under water, people will wonder how we could've possibly let that happen. Someone will find this thread curled up in a bottle, and then they'll know.

Killing 14 trees to print out this thread is a great way to help save the planet! Kudos to you!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Given that there's really no right or wrong or good or bad answer and it's all purely personal choice that is different for everyone...

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
Black seals or white seals?

Seriously, anyone that posts on a forum to complain about people posting on a forum needs to learn the meaning of irony, and try not to be so judgy in future.

White all the way incidentally. And I'm a married father of two if that bothers anyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.